Back From Panama

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Mar 21, 2018.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

We took 16 from our church to work & start 3 new missions for one of our Nazarene churches in Panama. We worked with about 25 teens - college/career youth leaders from the district along with some families who lived in each new mission area where eventually there will be a new church.

It was a short but full trip, Thursday - Tuesday. Unfortunately our Airline (not naming them to protect the innocent) didn't allow enough time for us to go through Customs, get our luggage & re-check it in before our flight left for Phoenix. But we were not the only arrival flight that had that problem - several others did as well. We stood in line from 9:15pm - 1:15am. The Northeast weather made it more challenging to get us home. We were going to have to wait until Thursday to fly home but splitting us up they are able to get us home to PHX all around 7:30pm tonight, Wednesday.

We could have stayed in a hotel & be reimbursed for hotel & travel but we couldn't find any hotels with 4-5 available rooms. So we have slept in the Miami airport in the Airport Credentialing area - which at this writing they are kicking us out (9:15am).

They gave us food vouchers to use in the airport....

Got to move - picture below - follow the arrow to see me.

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Long story short: The first evening when we landed from Panama, the plane at the gate ahead of us was broken. We waited on the plane on the tarmac over an hour and missed our connection. We then waited in line for 4 hours to get our rescheduled flights. Then there were no hotels anywhere in the area and we had to sleep in the airport.

The next day 5 of us flew out to Indianapolis, and were scheduled to connect to PHX (& that plane is being delayed by 2 hours). The rest of us scheduled to fly to Tampa had another broken plane. That delay caused us another day without a flight to Phoenix.

We've reserved 4 rooms at the Hilton at $300 per night in Tampa Bay for tonight - that's all we could find (spring break). We have a father who is missing 2 days of work (he's a nurse) & leaves Friday for his weekend Navy reserve duty.

Hopefully we'll get home sometime this week.

P.S. I'm missing March Madness with all of this...

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

raspabalsa, Hook and lelisa13p like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Sorry to see that old saying playing out in the Travel Dept for you guys. :vbfrown:

raspabalsa, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.