axim LCD question

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by badger fisher, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger fisher

badger fisher Newbie

Hello, I accidently dropped my Dell Axim X50 and now I have a thin short red segment on the side of my screen. It is not big enough now to block the viewing of anything on the screen, but I am concerned if it is a common thing for the red segment to grow and eventually block off the whole screen. Do you know if this will get worse?

Thank you for your help.

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I'm not familiar with that problem. Could it be that the screen has slid toone side, exposing the edge of the LCD?
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Konrad Pierce

Konrad Pierce Village Idiot 2.0

Can you show us a photo, badger?

Like Ed says, it's possible that the screen itself has just been knocked loose of the plastic "frame".

It's also possible that the LCD ribbon (the connection between the screen and the Axim's mainboard) has been knocked loose at one or both ends. Or that this ribbon (or either end connection) is somehow damaged.

It's also possible that the LCD has been damaged, though this seems less likely since you report that - other than this one symptom - it apparently works normally. These LCDs can suffer from several different kinds of damage (slight to severe) which are generally easy to identify visually.

A couple of photos describing this problem would be very helpful.