Audio and music files are mixed in on HTC One M7

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Black Mamba, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Newbie

I just noticed that my audio files and mixed in with my music files on my HTC One M7. Would anybody know how to separate them? Any help would be appreciated

2. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

I assume you mean voice audio (audio and music are often used as interchangeable terms). You can, of course, use a file manager to move one or the other kind of file to a different location as long as whatever app you use to play them can be told where to look for them.

The other part of your question, I suspect, is how do you prevent this from happening in the future? How did the files get where they are now? Were they downloaded by apps? If so, can you specify a download destination in those apps? If you downloaded them yourself or transferred them from your computer with a file manager, just pick the correct destination each time.

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Which app are you seeing the files mixed together? Some apps and file managers display all similar file types together in a single view, even if the files are physically stored in separate folders. For example, the file manager included with the LG G2 shows all images in a single view, even though some are camera pictures I took (in the DCIM folder), others are music album covers, etc.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta likes this.