ATT Pay as you Go: the price drops this week from 0.25/m to 0.10/m

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by philippe, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philippe

philippe Mobile Deity

2. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

This happened last October or so. :)

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I pay .06/min. I could pay as little .04 if I were capable of using more minutes.

4. philippe

philippe Mobile Deity

Without contract and with a good coverage? Which provider is it?

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

W/o contract and with Verizon coverage. The company is PagePlus, an MVNO that uses Verizon's network. Standard plan.

As far as unbeatable goes, ATT has had an expensive no daily access fee per minute plan for forever, and all this move does is make that plan even with the rest of the field. A good move, but nothing too special.

6. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

Yes, the main good thing that AT&T does is make small data buckets for PAYG that, once you get into rolling over, are quite inexpensive if you have 3G "just in case" and aren't a big consumer, using mostly wifi.

If you a bigger consumer of data, Newer Pre-pay plans at T-Mobile are actually quite nice if you have coverage, but you will never get the data cost down as low as you can with AT&T-- but you will get a lot more data.

On voice, as Mi An says, it's pretty much a wash. I don't use much voice or text either. ;)

7. philippe

philippe Mobile Deity

Yes, we have to look at the whole package.

With ATT, I pay $0.10/m for call, $19.99 for 100 mb datas and $4.99 for 200 text messages. With moderate use of voice, the monthly cost is about $37 for 120 minutes.

8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

The extras are where most of the differences lie these days, and where you can tailor to your needs. I use a couple of MBs of data per quarter, so I hang with /kb fees. I (reluctantly) use maybe 10 texts per month at .08 per. Heavier users could definitely benefit from some sort of bucket arrangement.

9. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

It's my understanding from a Tmo rep that their prepaid data includes no roaming. I assume their postpay plans, however, do.

It's a bit strange. My son's Tmo prepaid phone has the same voice & text coverage that my postpaid plan does. I guess it has to do with incompatible data networks.

That rollover is the killer feature for AT&T. It's too bad their coverage isn't better around here.

10. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Signal strength is a matter of where you are geographically and what sort of terrain or obstacles are between you and the macrocell. If you don't mind, can you tell me where you are (generally)?

AT&T was my first postpaid provider. Here in the southeast, I find that TMobile does as well or better. And I can get pretty far out in the boondocks. Of course, VZW has much the biggest footprint.

I do, however, like AT&T's large device selection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.