Atari, I found you!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Twin_Pixel, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strider_mt2k

strider_mt2k Senior Member

I used to love playing the original "Adventure" game.
    Knew all the secrets and everything.
    The hard part is explaining the game to anyone not familiar with it!

"That square is the hero see..." (Well it was to US!!)

2. Twin_Pixel

Twin_Pixel Mobile Deity

Haha, best post today :)

3. strider_mt2k

strider_mt2k Senior Member

Thanks! :D
    Speaking of old systems, the wife and I still have a Super NES.
    We use it for Monopoly (WAY better than picking up pieces and cards when you're done!)
    I also use it with the Super GameBoy adapter to play Gauntlet II for Gameboy occaisionally, still.
    Always loved Gauntlet II.

4. ZekeSulastin

ZekeSulastin NCC Champ

Ahh, the Atari 2600 VCS ... some guy's made a handheld version (but it costs $300! :()! The same guy has also made for his personal use a handheld PS-One and SNES ... I forget the link, tho ...

5. Anomalous

Anomalous Guest

We still have a Super NES and Super Game Boy adaptor, but they are rarely used. I mostly play on my Game Boy Advance now. I wish I had a GameCube, though...

6. Twin_Pixel

Twin_Pixel Mobile Deity

GameCube... I don't like that machine. Especially not because of the color. Anybody want a purple box below his TV? Didn't think so either. :)

7. lexxonnet

lexxonnet 3rd of 8, unimatrix 0

lol.... actually i tend to prefer the gamecube over say the Xbox, because of the games available on it. I dont look at the appearance of the console. Its the games that come with it that are more important. Its not of much use, if I Buy an Xbox to suit my furniture, but want to play Mario on it :)

8. Twin_Pixel

Twin_Pixel Mobile Deity

I agree, and I don't like the design of the Xbox very much either. My friend owns both a PS2 and a Xbox, and the latter looks very much like a... hm, nuclear reactor compared to the PS2. It is HUGE!

The PS2 is the best-looking console to date, I think. And even though a full-fledged PC is the ultimate choice for advanced games because of the platform's superiority, consoles often have a higher quality on their games.

But most importantly, the game will always work. No system requirements! I wait with patience for the day when all formats will be playable on one single console. To have three or more consoles in your living room is just plain stupidity, I think. But it's unfortunately necessary if you're true gamer. I have my old trusty PlayStation and I won't purchase a console until prices on games are lowered ($700 around here) and a standard is developed. Prices are the most important factor. A game for the PS2 is $700 and the same game for the PC is usually $450. Probably because of the expensive licenses required to develop games for consoles.

Beta Max died and VHS won the race. Hopefully, this will also happen in the console war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.