At&t VoLTE Whitelisted Devices = BAD

Discussion in 'Carrier Discussions' started by NetBrakr, Jan 31, 2021.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I am pretty sure that some of you guys heard that At&t is getting rid of it's 3G network and moving on to VoLTE. BUT I am very annoyed because it's looks like At&t is going back to it's old practices. Sigh. Only whitelisted devices can work with their VoLTE. Even your phone have the proper LTE bands, if it isnt on the whitelist, it will not work. ""ANNOYED""

2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Is this a new development. My Pro1 seemed not to have any problems with AT&T PAYG and it certainly isn't whitelisted (by anyone). I'm no longer using it as a phone, just a pocket computer, so I can't check (even when it gets back from warranty repair). I am using Verizon PAYG as of now, but have used AT&T PAYG for years and never had a problem with them. Or is this a contract thing (never had one with anyone).

By the way, good to see you, fly boy. :hi:

3. NetBrakr

4. Hook

5. NetBrakr

Yeah, but most likely they wont listen. Earlier of last year, I got a different version of A51, A515F. It is compatible with At&t's LTE, but when I tried to call someone, it will switch to 3G. Later, I got my current A51, A515U. it will stay LTE for calls.

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

While it says those phones will work, it does not say others won't work. I don't think they're whitelisting phones on their network.

7. Hook

I agree. I think it is a list of phones they are certain will work (tested them all?). Any other phones may very well work although they may not provide support to get them to work if they don't. It's like the phone that says they can take SD cards up to 128 GB. Doesn't mean a 512GB card won't work, but you may not get support if it doesn't.