At my wits end, Verizon, will not hotsync Calendar, Contacts, & Tasks

Discussion in 'Palm' started by countonme9, Jan 3, 2007.

1. countonme9

countonme9 Countonme9

:confused:
    I recently purchased the 700p fron Verizon. It seems that the calendar, contacts and tasks are failing synchronization. I've tried changing the settings on the PC and the smartphone. I have read the other threads and tried those suggestions. They don't seem to work. I don't know if my Windows XP is the culprit. Help!

2. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

What other suggestions have you tried? Without more info, it's hard to know what to suggest.

3. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

Paste your Hotsync log in your next post, it may hold the clues.

4. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, countonme9.

What are the conduit settings in your hotsync manager (click on the blue/red circle in your task bar and select "Custom" to see).

5. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

All we know presently is that you have a Verizon 700P and Windows XP.

Since you indicate it is not sync info for a brand new unit and Palm desktop installation, are you using Outlook by chance on the XP platform?

It maybe as simple as the Palm desktop was selected as PIM desktop app instead of Outlook, when the choice was provided during install.

also, when install the bundled CD, and establishing the first hotsync, you, the login user on the PC must be with ADMIN rights and Virus Protection should be turned off, and if Outlook, it should be open as well before the first hotsync so th ecorrect user profile is assigned.

6. countonme9

countonme9 Countonme9

I can't seem to see my log on my desktop. I have tried through the Palm Desktop and the icon in the icon tray. Nothing. I have tried to reinstall the software, use Outlook instead and nothing. I have admin rights and have tried to completely disable McAfee to no avail.

7. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

Welcome to Brighthand, countonme9

Check to see if you can find it similar to this path (assuming you are on Windows):

C:\Program Files\Palm\YourHotsyncID\HotSyncLog.htm or HotSync.Log

Replace the "YourHotsyncID" with your own hotsyncid.

8. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

Right-click on the Hotsync Manager icon in the tray and select View Log. This will open your browser to view the file, because it's html. You can cut and paste from there.

9. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

Cool! I've always went and searched for that. Thanks, Stan. See, I learn something new every day!

10. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

If sync did not complete a log is not created.

What do you observe on the PC when Hotsync is attempted?

What is observed on the Handheld?

It could be that the device driver was not assigned correctly when th eunit was attached, yet it not known if a Hotsync User name has been created and assigned to your 700P, has it ? Inspection the the Handheld's Hotsync app will reveal a name on th etitle bar right side, if this function of hotsync was successful;)