Asus Zenwatch 2?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

So sorry to hear. That happened to two of our dogs a few years ago, also requiring the emergency vet. :vbfrown: Best wishes. I hope she has a good recovery.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Thanks for the well wishes for Sadie! The bill came to $402.23! :vbeek: They induced vomiting and gave her some activated charcoal. Her heart rate is back down to 16obpm from 240. They wanted to keep her overnight, but I decided to bring her home. I'll have to give her an 80ml dose of charcoal tonight and another tomorrow morning. Need to keep her off the carpet. I'm looking forward to the black poops, too. I don't expect much sleep (or productivity) for the next day or so.

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

What a scare, jig! I'm glad your beloved Sadie is ok. Funny that activated charcoal is used in these cases. At the processing plant we have several tons of this material. It's used to recover gold and silver from the cyanidation process. It's not a particularly expensive product. I wonder if in an emergency one could get the activated charcoal from cigarette filters and grind it? (JK, please don't take me seriously)

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Glad to hear Sadie is doing well :newpalm:

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  5. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Only one of my dogs has ever gotten into a ton of chocolate, and it was my adopted retired racing greyhound, who ate all of a triple-tier box, including most of the foil and cellophane wrappers. Bizarrely, it had zero ill effects. Apparently some breeds and sizes can handle it better than others. So sorry about your pup and hope she's well on the mend!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jigwashere, scjjtt and Hook like this.
  6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Har. When my dogs got into chocolate, it was a bag of dark chocolate Hershey kisses, each wrapped individually in gold and purple foil. At the time, we wondered why we couldn't find the wrappers. Then we saw all the gold and purple sparklely poops... :vbeek: :vbwink: :vbrolleyes:

RickAgresta, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Sorry for being off topic about this for so long.

Our dog seems to have a knack for getting chocolate, but I only worry when it's baker's chocolate (April) or cocoa powder (this time). These are most purer forms and therefore more dangerous. Also, Sadie only weighs 18 lbs, so it doesn't take much to have an impact. We think she had at least an ounce of cocoa powder (28 g).

Chocolate Toxicity Results:

Theobromine Consumed: 798 mg
    Theobromine per kg: 98 mg/kg

Prognosis: Seizures
    Danger Level:

Recommended Action: Seek immediate veterinary attention
    The amount of theobromine contained in this much chocolate can have severe effects on your pet's health. Seek immediate veterinary attention. Your pet may experience cardiotoxic effects that put severe pressure on their heart and respiratory system. Visible symptoms include; rapid/slow heart beat, rapid breathing and hyperthermia. It is not uncommon for this amount of theobromine to induce seizures or even coma.

scjjtt and internetpilot like this.
  8. internetpilot

Well, that's why. Most of my dogs have been relatively unskilled breeds, whereas your family has apparently raised quite the little baker!

Seriously, I hope she's doing better now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

9. internetpilot

I don't know if you noticed, but the AppFour Suite (bundle) now includes a launcher very similar to the Mini Wear Launcher. I removed the Wear Mini Launcher, but ended up trying the AppFour Launcher and liked it so much I kept it on my watch. If you previously bought the AppFour bundle, you should be able to get the Launcher for free. You just download the demo of it and it automatically activates to the paid version.

It seems to be a lot smoother and more reliable than Wear Mini Launcher. It's also no where near as complicated to configure, but it basically has all the same features.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

IP, I did get the bundle - I'll try that out however I do like the UI of Androidwear 2.0 so much that I don't know if the Launcher would be helpful or not - but I won't know until I try it out.

Maybe you have already found out but you can put apps on your watch's desktop. I've done that with Wear Messenger. I do really like the way way AW 2.0 handles messages, however if I sweep the message off the wrong way or already read or replied to it, I can't go back and read it again or reply so I've kept using Wear Messenger so I can go back to any SMS at any time and reply or respond for the first time or again.

Just a warning - I really like the watch face - Glance, however I added Wear Messenger to it AND Play Music. That combination has messed up that watch face for me in that I'm stuck with the combination of things being displayed (I am using all the available slots). It appears that I can use Glance but if I go to change the data being displayed my watch goes to a dark screen and then when I press the power button I get a very simple time only display. I can change that to any other display, and even back to Glance, but it looks like I'm stuck with the way I have set up Glance unless I reset the watch.

Edited to reduce previous redundancy.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017