are the HOT TOPIC threads sticky threads now?

Discussion in 'General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket' started by Equilibrium, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Guest

because they seem to be staying at the top.

i guess that means they are. i'm not always quick to pick up on these things i guess. :D

2. imported_Covert

imported_Covert iPAQ 2215

I wondered that too. I'm pretty sure they are.

3. JK27

JK27 Mobile Deity

There's glue on them thar posts.

4. imported_jeff

imported_jeff Guest

makes me wonder why we even need these to be sticky... if they're truly hot, then they'll stay near the top because people will post into them. I would prefer that method over what has apparently been put into place (forcing them to the top by some imperial fiat)

5. Mongoose

Mongoose Mobile Enthusiast

Those are not sticky threads those are Super Glue Threads, but I agree it is a bit odd and effects the flow of the board.

6. JK27

JK27 Mobile Deity

An excellent point. Who makes the decisions about which is a "hot thread" (versus the rest of the board deciding to let a thread die)?

7. imported_Covert

imported_Covert iPAQ 2215

Political correctness... ;)

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Guest

yeah, i personally think it abstructs the flow of the threads too

if they dont get responded to in a few days, they shouldnt be left there at the top when there are other active threads.

o well

9. asatyss

asatyss Mobile Deity

I am not sure who decided which threads were going to be sticky, but the main reason for them being sticky is that they are some of the threads that are extremely helpful for new users, and are packed with information. They also contain alot of the simple questions that can be answered rather quickly. It seems to cut down on the newbie threads that have been answered ten thousand times.

I agree that the "HOT TOPIC" seems to be a littl ebig and annoying, but it seems like a small price to pay to keep the board clear of all the repeat questions.

Personally, I was flattered to see one of my threads chosen as a sticky thread... It made me feel special...:p

10. masitti

masitti Mobile Deity

LOL, I dunno who even stickied them. Eh, oh well; they will definitely help newbies.

11. Eitel

Eitel Super Hero In Training

I don't know. How a topic called: "Will OQO desktop-PC-in-the-pocket kill PPCs?" will help new users?

I'm all about using stickies for useful topics, but the ones that are there right now are not IMO.

12. Mongoose

Mongoose Mobile Enthusiast

Those sticky threads are worse then repeat newb questions. How can you say that there are to many repeat newb questions and then put the exact same 3 repeat questions in the first three spots forever? What makes message boards great is that they are made up of what the people want. Now some moderator thinks they know what everyone wants and mandates it, sigh.

13. Bandung

Bandung City of Flowers

Thank goodness, they've come unglued!!!!!

14. Chronos

Chronos Moderator Super Moderator

"Eat your meat. You can't have any pudding if you don't EAT YOUR MEAT!"

Yeah, I guess msmasitti, asatyss, and I are a bit too dictatorial... ;)

They are now unglued; we don't know who glued them, so perhaps it was the God/Goddess of Technology having a bit of fun at our expense?
    :D

15. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Guest

ok, i think the flow of the threads is much better now with nothing shoved up and stuck at the top.

:D

16. Bandung

Bandung City of Flowers

Won't somebody stop the madness?