Apple iTunes 11 Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Vince Font, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Vince Font

Vince Font Mobile Evangelist

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

I have avoided installing iTunes upgrades on my PC because each one was more bloated and slower. This version seems to be reversing that trend. I have to say "seems" though, because I haven't yet worked up the nerve to install it. I have been burned too many times.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    hal likes this.
  3. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Purely subjective, but it certainly is no "faster." And, I have to say, the organizational aspects of v11 SUCK! Perhaps those in Cupertino who live their lives meandering about with no sense of purpose like it but, for those of use who have busy lives and want to see our sh!t as we want to see it, you're doomed. It's awful. Horrible. Terrible. The only people who will remotely like it are those who live their lives in a scattershot approach to everything, never having any detail or making any rational decisions based on anything. Pick and peck as you want, there's no structure to anything unless you have 20 hrs per day to spend f#ck!ing around with it.

Needless to say, I personally HATE IT!. Definitely NOT the kind of impression anybody in marketing would want to make to lure new Customers. If this is the Walled Fruit Garden approach, I'd rather have a pencil and notepad. I love my iPod for tunes in the car, but will happily move to *anything else* to get away from the rotten fruit if this is their idea of "improvement." Screw Apple and everyone there, AFAIC, with this new release. Makes me resent the ridiculous amount I paid for my iPod if this is the kind of $h!t I have to put up with.

hal likes this.
  4. tbessie

tbessie PIM-Loving Maniac

Ever tried MediaMonkey?

5. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

You do know, you can customize the view to be exactly like you want. For instance, changing the view tab, to show the sidebar, which takes it back to the last versions view. Oh, btw, at least on the Mac, I have noticed it is quite a bit faster. Have no clue what the case is on the PC.

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

But you can't; some features were removed, including the ability to display multiple playlists in the left hand window, at least, on a PC.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've held off upgrading because there are many reports that wifi sync is broken on this update.

Also, as much as I think iTunes is a PITA, I suspect that I'd hate the new version even more. I doesn't do change well sometimes. :eek:

And there's no flow. :mad:

Lucky for me that I always download the new version & save the file. I'll be installing v.10.7 onto this new laptop.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  8. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

There's no customization to provide me with a list view (of anything) that actually shows any track data. Album art (which is a quick reference type of indicator for me) is curtailed to the point of being a sick joke. Takes me twice as along to add a track with all the click-click-clicking through drop downs, menus, and selections. I want to shove a dagger into the heart of every Apple Genius with every single click.

Haven't tried Media Monkey, but am considering it. Also considering an add-in for WMP (which is WORLDS BETTER) that allows iSyncing. Might be kludgy, but couldn't be any worse than iScrewYouTunes.

It's awful. Horrible. Painful in every respect. A brutal exercise in self abuse with every go... My experience with this update has been sufficiently miserable that I wouldn't have an iAnything if a truckload of 'em dumped in my front yard and wouldn't cast a second glance if the whole of Apple went bankrupt today. Bad enough that it *almost* makes me regard all those iThing users as useless idiots with nothing better to do in life than diddle around with themselves while getting in the way of everybody else trying to do anything productive on the planet. Yes, it's that bad.

Did I mention that I loathe it? ;) :D

hal likes this.
  9. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

But, Joe, don't hold back. How do you really feel about it?

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and hal like this.
  10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Har. :D Not shy, that one. ;)

RickAgresta likes this.