Apple Goes Big with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Jeff Dunn, Sep 9, 2014.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

iPads come with larger bricks but no earbuds. iPhones come with smaller bricks and nifty earbuds. I have both so my new iPhone can share the iPad brick/cable. All of the Apples at my house are happy. :vbwink:

2. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Just don't run any updates or sit on it, and everything will be ok.

weegie, scjjtt and Mitlov like this.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Multiple sites are reporting that the iPhone 6 Plus (not the regular iPhone) occasionally stutters or has dropped frames during animations. Nothing that reduces productivity, of course...but the came could be said of TouchWiz's and Sense's occasionally-stuttering animations that iPhone enthusiasts have been mocking for years. I guess NFC payments, third-party keyboards, and widgets aren't the only Android features that Cupertino's borrowed...

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  5. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

scjjtt and Mitlov like this.
  6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Amazing how the iPhone 6 is Apple's best release ever (in terms of first-weekend sales numbers) and worst release ever (projecting camera, iOS 8 update bug, and #Bendghazi) all at the same time.

7. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Its bigger because they are made available in more regional markets, and in more carriers than ever. However, these increased sales are not in proportion to the overall global increase in the size of smartphone market since last year. You can be sellling more than ever, but your overall marketshare might be decreasing because the market is growing faster than your sales.

8. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

Apple just released iOS 8.1B. It was designed to keep the 6 and 6+ from bending. It works. I put my 6+ in the pocket of my ever so tight pants and jumped repeatedly on a trampoline landing exclusively on my posterior. I ended up with a huge bruise, but my 6+ is straight as an arrow.

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  9. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

I wouldn't put Touchwiz and Sense in the same sentence as far as lag and stuttering goes, the Note 4 is still disappointingly full of stuttering looking at the IFA vids of it.
    The great thing about android, animations and transitions is you can completely get rid of them in the developer settings, why anybody wants to watch crap flying off the screen and something else flying into view [as in WP, and iOS to a lesser extent] is beyond me.

I'm not a fan of the new iphone design, too thin, too rounded on the edges, I like the 5 design much more, I'm sure apple users will cotton on to not keep it in their pants like they could with the smaller and thicker previous versions, what I wonder is whether people who went out and bought the plus end up finding the size too much of a pain like I did with the first Galaxy Note, I reckon I could use one now because each model I've got has been slightly bigger than the last and thus I've been getting 'conditioned' to bigger devices, but it will be interesting to see if a lot of plus buyers end up going back to the smaller model once the honeymoon wears off.

10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm with Weegie. Too much with appearing/disappearing icons, page numbers, etc. (here too). Some here have extolled the live wallpapers and such; but to me that's frou-frou that takes up battery power and slows down the phone/tablet.

RickAgresta likes this.