App to answer phone and play recorded message?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by tbessie, Oct 15, 2014.

1. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

All this is much more trouble than I'm willing to go to. I just hang up and go on with life.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  2. tbessie

tbessie PIM-Loving Maniac

Even if they call you TWICE A DAY?

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Using Google Voice, I've blocked 5 numbers since 2011. When they call, they get a "Not in Service" message. A couple of them were spam calls, I think one was someone who kept misdialing and getting my number, but the worst was a bill collector who had the wrong number and refused to stop calling. I'm lucky it doesn't happen often, but I appreciate being able to handle it through Google Voice.

Check with your carrier. Often your carrier has options to block calls for you, and sometimes you can configure that on their website. With Sprint, I can log in to my account and block numbers. In fact, I can block incoming and outgoing calls, which might be handy when my kids get cell phones. ;)

Mi An, RickAgresta and tbessie like this.
  4. John Farrel

John Farrel Mobile Evangelist

Try using "Smart Answering Machine" app available over the Store. I sure that is what you are looking for !

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I located this app at Google Play & read the description. It doesn't sound like it will do what OP wants. In addition, the reviews are abysmal. Cannot recommend.

6. tbessie

tbessie PIM-Loving Maniac

Yeah, I agree, it didn't look particularly good. I also noticed that most people who were commenting on it had South Asian names, so clicked on the developer's website, and it's an outsourcing house in India. Not sure what that says about the developer(s)' competency, but it worried me.

- Tim

7. lelisa13p

You're braver than me. I wouldn't go to the devs site.

8. John Farrel

John Farrel Mobile Evangelist

Yeah I would agree with you guys over here I have tired installing it over my device and it never opens a message keep popping out saying unfortunately this app has stopped working. So, my bad I also think the same you guys think about the app I should have test it out before mentioning it to OP :( I guess I ran myself down, over to the screen shots as they looks quite compelling to me.

9. lelisa13p

Please be a little more discerning in your choices for contribution. This one was a waste of time and effort.

jigwashere likes this.
  10. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

Yes, it doesn't take long to hang up, and if I see it's someone I don't want to talk to, I just ignore it. Most telemarketers I just block on the spot, it's easy to do on my S3, using Reverse Lookup. That's about as much effort as I'm willing to expend. YMMV.

scjjtt likes this.