App Row Moved to Right Side in Landscape

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Dec 13, 2020.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My Moto G Stylus is on Nov. 1. I wonder why you're so far behind. :confused:

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Hook, scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Not Motorola to keep my phone properly updated. :p

3. internetpilot

Are you on Sprint? It might be time to complain on their forum so they can do whatever they've previously done to get an overdue update to my phone in the past.

Edit: Apparently September 2020 is considered the latest for most people with November 2020 "coming soon". At this rate it'll be Summer before we get the December update needed to use gesture navigation with 3rd party launchers.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I have November 2020 on my Moto Power (which, as far as I can tell is basically a Stylus without an -er- stylus). It's on Verizon, but PayG, so I assume updates actually come from Moto.

scjjtt, headcronie and jigwashere like this.
  5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Yah, Verizon monthly pay-thru-the-nose plans (well, mine, at least) is still September

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm on Google Fi.

7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I had not thought about disparity of patch rollout in quite sometime. I only really pay attention to OS uprage rollout. To see these devices lagging behind when they are months old is... disheartening. :(

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

8. internetpilot

In re-reading my post above -- I meant time to complain on the Motorola forum rather than the Sprint forum. But I checked the Moto forum and most people seem to be on the September 1, 2020 patch with a few chiming in that they recently received the November 1, 2020 patch. Motorola can claim whatever they want to get the whiners off their back, but all updates come from Google to Motorola and then to the customer. I have serious doubts that the service providers are involved in it at all. I mean seriously. The service providers are going to test all the updates on all the various phone brands before they're released to their customers? That would take months/years.

<IP realizes he may have stumbled upon the real reason why he's still on the September 2020 patch.>

The December patch is an important one for everyone because it's only in that patch that Google finally decided to play nice with 3rd-party launchers and allow the Android 10 navigation gestures to work on them. I don't have much hope of seeing the December patch on my Stylus until late Spring or even Summer. To the best of my knowledge only the Pixels have that update currently.

Anyway, to circle this thread back around to the original topic -- even with Nova Launcher 7 Beta I still can't get the dock to stay at the bottom of the screen or the navigation buttons.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Ah, but if you eliminate the dock completely and replace it with another row on your home screen grid while also switching to gesture navigation -- problem solved! :D Oh, yeah, baby. I got this. :)

10. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Except, for me, the purpose of the dock is to keep a set of six icons and the icon for the app drawer present on all three home screens. :vbwink: Luckily, I hate gestures. :vbgrin: