App Row Moved to Right Side in Landscape

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Dec 13, 2020.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Today my row of apps on my tablet moved from being at the bottom in landscape to vertical on the right side. I don't know how it happened or how to get it back. I use Nova Launcher Prime.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab A (10.1") /128GB using Tapatalk

jigwashere likes this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm not sure of the answer, and unfortunately haven't use Nova Launcher since I got my Stylus. One thing I used to do with Nova Launcher, which won't help you right now, is to lock it so I wouldn't accidentally make changes, and then keep backups so I could restore when it would happen. Sorry -- I hope that's not rubbing salt in the wound. :(

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  3. scjjtt

Thanks Jig. Funny thing - I keep it locked too which is why I think it must be something besides Nova - but then I just don't know.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

It looks like you have accidentally activated auto-rotate in Nova (Settings, look & Feel, screen orientation) as well as in Android (notification shade) which results in putting the icon dock in the right in landscape.

5. scjjtt

What is "notification shade" & where is that?

6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

The notification shade is what happens when you pull down with your finger on the status bar. The Android setting is also in Settings, display, autorotate. Again, there may be differences depending on Android version and manufacturer.

7. scjjtt

I had them in auto rotate before - but I unchecked that in Settings & Nova & I still had the row on the right. :(

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

in Nova you can force the orientation, might be worth a try. also, I have found that a restart of the device is sometimes needed to clear up unexplained behavior. Good luck Scott!

lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  9. scjjtt

Nothing seems to work. I had lock in Nova so nothing can be changed on the screen - but the whole row moved to the right. This happened after church service which I only used my tablet to open two Google Docs and one app that controls the different inputs of voices and instruments going into the monitor by the piano. That's all. I come home and that row is on the right?????????

I feel like my parents with computers and tablets - "I didn't press any buttons!"

[​IMG]

10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hi Scott. I'm not sure why that happened or how to turn it the way it was. But be sure to check the Dock options (that row is called the Dock) under Nova settings -> Home Screen -> Dock. Under Advanced there's an option called "Remember Position" that although seems to do nothing on my phone maybe it does the magic on your tablet. Good luck!