AOL email unable to display attachments

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by stlucia, Feb 19, 2021.

1. stlucia

stlucia Mobile Consultant

Yeah, I'm not fond of the way this iPad doesn't allow me to access files the way I want. I believe that's Apple's modus operandi.

I only went for an iPad because at the time Samsung couldn't guarantee that they would update the OS.

Hook, scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm wondering if your iPad and OS is just too old. I've mentioned before that I'm using an old iPad and some things don't work well. My Hotmail/Outlook.com can't really be accessed with the iPad and I've also experienced some funky stuff where images don't appear as they should.

To be honest, I have the same issues with my laptop browser, which has aged out of support. Unfortunately, I have not found a browser that I really like. I'm not a fan of Chrome or Edge. I tried Arctic Fox on my Mac Mini, which is supposed to be continuing support on the old Firefox branch (not the new Quantum branch). Unfortunately, it still won't play some video from PBS or a few other sites that I used to watch on my main TV with the Mac Mini as a theater server.

scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  3. stlucia

stlucia Mobile Consultant

My iPad is less than 2 years old, and is running iPadOS 14. But since you mentioned it, I checked for updates even though I've got automatic downloading and automatic updating turned on, and it told me that 14.4 is available, so I'm downloading it now. Why didn't it download and install automatically??

I use Chrome on my Windows desktop and Android phone, and prefer it over Safari on my iPad.

scjjtt and headcronie like this.