Anything else besides PocketInformant and Agenda Fusion??

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by Shinno, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinno

Shinno Crazed Owl

Greetings Brighthand,

are these the only one's out there that give you complete control over your agenda?

They're both feature-packed programs, but it seems to me that they're so feature-packed that they're kind of sluggish at times.

Are there any others that are fairly decent?

I searched everywear and only ran into these and Agenda Plug ins.

Thanks

2. Algester

Algester Mobile Deity

Another one is Dashboard at http://www.snoopsoft.com/. Another option is PPX from www.ppx3k.com. Which is what I use with number of different addins.

At one stage TodayPlus looked like it was heading in the right direction but ended up as a stalled beta. Still around do a google on it, or search here.

My preference is today addin tAgenda

3. kwerner

kwerner Ipaq 2210

I have found that tAgenda satisfies my needs of seeing tasks and appointments together. No where near the functionality of PI or AF though. tAgenda is free and fairly configurable.

4. ooosadface

ooosadface Mobile Deity

Dashboard, PPX, TodayPlus and tAgenda are ways to read/format your PIM data onto the Today screen but don't give the overall control that most are looking for in a PIM app. Thus far the two you mentioned, PI and AF, are the only two. Ulti-Planner is closer, but it still uses the default Pocket Outlook input methods and only gives you a better filter/sort/format viewing of your PIM data (for the price,$6.00 currently from the link I provided using Paypal, $9.95 from Handango, it's a huge improvement over the default). One other thing it does is gives you Calendar, Tasks and Contacts together, something the built in Outlook lacks. I am currently running the demo of Ulti-Planner, but it doesn't seem any snappier than my registered version of PI 5.x. It also doesn't give me the other things I need that PI gives me in the modified input forms.

It's really a matter of personal taste between these three, unfortunately, there aren't many varieties. :)

5. arebelspy

arebelspy Mobile Deity

:confused: The question to me seemed to be about PIM apps, not today screen plugins.. perhaps I misread it.

If that is the case, there's quite a few, inlcluding SuperCalendar and Ulti-Planner..

-arebelspy

6. ooosadface

ooosadface Mobile Deity

Oh yeah, I forgot about SuperCalendar. That one looks like a nice replacement for the built in one as well. The thing with PI and AF is that they add functionality as well as replace the built in apps.

Also, you'll want to note that SuperCalendar does not handle tasks, contacts or notes. PI, AF and Ulti-Planner do.

7. missbetty

missbetty Mobile Enthusiast

i would highly recommend CalendarPlusPro (CPPro) as an option to buying a 3rd party PIM. But don't let the name fool you: it's MORE than a Calendar plug-in... it also integrates tasks into the same day-view on the calendar tab, complete with checkboxes, choice of color, font type, font size, etc... (all as customizable option). recent addition of note is 3-state folding of Calendar items. It'll work with AF and PI, but i use it as a stand-alone with the default PIM.

Amit Regev is one of the hardest working developers i know. Just have a look at the CPPro forum and you'll see just how involved he is with end-users. It's not unusual to have suggestions turned into new features within a week! (= new mini-releases on average every 2 days!). Uhm: i get to use a great program AND be part of its ongoing development ; )

I believe Amit will be releasing a new version (V.4) in the next few weeks... my suggestion, since CPPro doesn't come as a trial version is:

(1) Download the trial version of Calendar Plus Today (a junior version) to get a feel for the plug-in
    (2) Have a look at the CPPro forum
    (3) If you're interested in the product, keep an eye out for new version 4.0!

8. Gadgetmaster

Gadgetmaster Mobile Evangelist

Are there any alternatives to AF and PI that permit drag and drop of appointments?

9. Crypty

Crypty I like the way he mooves

Let me just input that agenda fusion is a bit faster. Dont really know about any other pim software though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.