Anyone know how to turn off Google's Pacman?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Silly Rabbit, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I Can't Find The Coin Slot On My Pc!

EDIT: I just read Hook's post about clicking 'Insert Coin' and actually playing the game. I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow!!! ;)

Post Script: It has 256 levels. Press 'Insert Coin' twice for 2-player action (use WASD keys).

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Love it, although as Mi An says, the complaints are justified.

3. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

Google FINALLY muted the sound on the PacMan logo. (THANK YOU!) Click Insert Coin & you get the sound. I found this tidbit, too: Click the 'insert coin' button twice & you get Pacman AND Ms. Pacman!

4. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Whoa. My brain isn't wired for independently controlled pacpeople. :eek:

Edit: oh, just saw jig's post. It's for two player. That makes sense.

5. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

I wonder how much productivity was down today either by people trying to figure out how to stop the !@#$%$#'n music or by those playing Pacman...

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I hardly ever hit the Google homepage; w/ various FF add-ons I have a search box toolbar, and if I highlight a word on a web page, I can right-click & search for it with Google, so I don't go(ogle)-home :D

EDIT: sorry, not mean to be rude --

HAPPY 3000 S.R.!

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I do the same thing in IE, Rick. I'm just sayin'... Actually, I don't remember the last time I saw the Google home page.

Of course, I don't do games, either. If I had one pop up on my screen, I might very well scrub that site and all references to it from my digital life forevermore. I'd ditched otherwise decent sites for pop-up ads and, for me, an unrequested game is the same thing.

I know... I'm a freak of nature. And I honestly don't care. :D

8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

It wasn't actually a pop up, it was a commemorative logo for Pacman's 30th birthday. Like all their commemerative logos it was very creatiive. They just made a miscalculation on the sound. :)

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

just tried this.....yes, miscalculation, INDEED

10. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

This is why people love google even though it's a ginormous soulless corporation that will eventually buy and sell people like commodities: because it doesn't act like your average ginormous (random thought: how does my spell check not have a problem with "ginormous"?) soulless corporation. I can't think of anyone google-sized that would do something this cool. Sometimes they act like the programmers around the corner and that definitely takes the edge off.

And how cool is it that someone Google-sized actually paid attention to the noise complaints and fixed it same day? I mean yeah, it should have never happened, but most companies that sized filter issues so many times they rarely get fixed at all ever, much less within hours.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.