Anyone have Aeroplayer Skins to Share?

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by proto57, Nov 9, 2011.

1. proto57

proto57 Mobile Enthusiast

Well it is interesting to me, having just come to this forum, to see the evolution from the older posts to the newer ones. I mean it does look like much fewer people... rightly so... treat the now somewhat defunct Palm system as a hobby, even if they might still use it for more practical reasons. I do both... I do use the calender on almost a daily basis, and the "to do" lists. And since the Ique 3600 has a GPS, and has a very clear and reliable map and guidance system, and rivals some new products I've seen, I use it often for this.

But I mean beyond that, Palm seems to be evolving into more hobby than practicality. It is like ham radio, or mechanical watches... the functioning, collecting, tweeking, history, and so on, is and interest in it's own right. I love the hunt for some discontinued app or game, and getting the unit to do "one more thing"... as much as re-capping a 1948 Zenith shortwave, and picking up a distant station. And don't forget, these units will someday be collectible... not necessarily valuable... but collectible I'm sure. It's been like that for everything technilogical so far. I'll bet we will see a collection online pretty soon in fact, if it has not happened already... just like any camera, radio, guitar or car site.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Oh, and that was the other great thing about Zippy-- he would encourage us to spread it around. :eek: :D

We should probably cease and desist for now as this is a helpful thread and it would be a shame for it to end up in off-topic. ;)

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

< having heard her name mentioned, lelisa13p takes hold of the steering wheel, driving the bus back onto Topic Road, waving to all & turning the radio up really loud. [​IMG] >

PocketTunes also had one of those primitive-style skins, the hand-drawn type. I liked it. (Also via a Wayback Machine page.)

Attached Files:

5. proto57

proto57 Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks to Andrew Long, and you peeps:

[​IMG]

I just think that design is so clever.

6. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Undeniably, much of the Palm OS usage can be bounded into hobbyist enthusiasm, by now. A similarity I usually mention, is that currently running your mobile affairs on a Palm OS device, is like driving a classic car on a daily basis: you use it because it's what you got, because you like it, and because you have accepted to solve the issues into which it gets you :rolleyes: Then again, just as you point out, you end up with a toolbox of sorts just for that artifact.

HEY!!!! Thanks, mod, I had lost that skin and my DPIM (Deeply Procrastinated Information Management) hadn't allowed me to search for it :)