any good apps for tracking system events (auto-reset HE-double_hockey_sticks)

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by RickAgresta, Dec 8, 2017.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

No clue as to why this has started happening -- first guess is something I've added recently, but I've already done some uninstalls, and the problem hasn't gone away....

tia, RA

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Just to clarify, the phone crashes and then does a spontaneous reboot? How often? Only when using and app or does it do it randomly even if you are sitting on your home screen? Do you by any chance have a nandroid backup that is recent but before this started happening?

scjjtt likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

Randomly, and no nandroid backup since the last one that caused me to do a factory reset and move up to Lollipop (stupid Verizon; I'd still be on 4.4.2 where everything worked just fine if they'd had the decency to tell customers that one had to activate visual voicemail if they wanted to see notifications there was a message...). The frequency is close to daily, regardless of use, meaning phone can be in use or screen-off/standby.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Did you already clear the app and dalvik caches? Is the phone temperature normal, or is it heating more lately? Responsiveness ok or is it laggy?

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  5. RickAgresta

No on the dalvik cache; temperature is normal; laggy just before the reboot (when it happens when I'm using the phone).

scjjtt likes this.
  6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'd try clearing the dalvik cache. This doesn't affect data, and after rebooting the phone proceeds as if the OS had been just updating, refilling the dalvik cache with the code necessary for apps to run. I don't really know the technical details, but if any data in that cache became corrupt, then clearing it will force the phone to create it new.

There's an app called SysLog. It may help you identify what's going on with your phone.

7. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Don't know if this is still happening to you, but you can boot into safe mode to eliminate an app being the cause.

FYI, this is exactly what happened with my Nexus 6,and I never did figure out what was wrong with it. After replacing it with another phone and stewing on it for a while, I'm now suspicious of the battery.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

8. RickAgresta

Actually, yes, on-going PITA. At this particular point, though, pretty sure that my less-than-a-month-old BHB™ (big honkin' battery, 5800mAh) isn't the issue. thanks for the safe mode suggestion :newpalm:

Hook, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.