Android Messages for Web fails to connect

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by jigwashere, Apr 10, 2020.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I use Messages on my smartphone, and Messages for Web with my desktop, Chromebook and Tab S2. For about the past week, it's been disconnecting frequently and very stubborn when I try to reconnect. It's very frustrating. I've tried various options, including everything in this support article:

Fix problems sending, receiving or connecting to Messages

I'm guessing the problem is with my phone, which is required for Messages for Web, but I've cleared cache and data and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas?

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I can't say anything directly to this, as I don't use this app. However, this past week has seen some significant outages in Google services. I was getting notice after notice on various G-Suite outages. Messages isn't covered under any of those services. But... if they have any connection to them, there is plausible cause for the issues you're having.

Hook, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I used Hangouts when I first started w/Google Fi, but switched to Messages because I thought Hangouts was going away. I'm confused. Google Fi support says I should install Hangouts and use it across my devices.

headcronie, Hook and RickAgresta like this.