Android 7.1.1 tablet can't download from Google Play anymore?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by z22 2006 User, Aug 31, 2021.

1. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

Did I miss a memo? I can't seem to download anything from Google Play on my Android 7 tablet anymore, yet I can update what's already there. It's so weird. I just verified on my phone running 9, and it can download okay so it's not an outage it doesn't appear.

Anyone else having problems? I know my tablet's old, but it's worked fine up until today.

scjjtt likes this.
  2. Hook

Hook Her Clack is Worse Than Her Bite

I pulled out my old Samsung Tab S with the Lineage OS version of Android 7.1.1, but you'll have to wait for it to charge. Lol. Apparently I let the battery run down.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  3. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

Doesn't sound right. I read a news story in what seems like the last few months about gingerbread (android 2.3) getting cut off just recently. I think android 7 will be safe for a while.

I did have a weird thing with an old device recently where play was being weirdly unresponsive, I could navigate, but when I pressed update on any app (I always disable auto update) or install, nothing would happen. No error, just no response. It was probably android 8. On whim I disabled twilight (a blue light filter), which had been on there for years with no trouble, and suddenly everything worked. No idea why. Do you have anything operating on accessibility services or something like that that you could toggle off and see if play works again?

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  4. Hook

Another thing to try, while I'm waiting for the Tab S to charge is to clear cache on Google Play Services and Google Play Store in settings (my cash has been emptied many times but it doesn't seem to improve anything) :vbrolleyes:

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Mi An like this.
  5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I tend to agree, there is probably something on the tablet which is interfering. I have older devices running versions earlier than 7.1, which work with the Play Store. Good luck, z22

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Try going to the Play Store on your computer and installing something to your tablet from there.

RickAgresta, scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  7. Hook

Just to finally confirm, all is fine only Samsung Tab S with the play store on Android 7.1.1. I don't believe it is relevant that my version is actually LineageOS.

scjjtt likes this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

scjjtt and Hook like this.
  9. z22 2006 User

Yeah, these are the steps I took, including clearing cache. This is so weird! I'll try it again in the morning.

scjjtt likes this.
  10. z22 2006 User

Forgot to update here.

Yeah, even after retrying all the suggest steps, still can't download onto this tablet :( This is so weird, I verified and it can be downloaded on literally every other Android device I own just fine.

scjjtt likes this.