Android 5.1 LG Rebel problems with speakerphone Soaiy

Discussion in 'Press Releases/Announcements' started by Jerry_NJ, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

My Android smartphone works after a simple pairing with my 2017 Subaru Impreza automobile with base factory system blue tooth. I purchased a Soaiy speakerphone for use in my non-blue tooth Chevy Colorado. The Soaiy pairs and takes voice commands such as: "Call Name Home" or "Call Name Mobile" where the name is in my Smartphone directory. The Soaiy speakerphone clearly communicates with my smartphone as it talks with me about the numbers. It then asks me to confirm what it understood me to say and I say: "yes" but nothing happens other than a request for a new command. I am running now without a speakerphone application on my smartphone, the Subaru works without me installing any optional applications. I experimented with one speakerphone application it didn't solve the problem. to keep it simple, I uninstalled that application. I note that the Speaker phone is totally useless in understanding my speech when I try by giving it the telephone number. I don't know if it would dial on a "yes" command to the incorrect number. Perhaps I should try that and just hang up so as not to disturb the unknown to me person at the other end should the speakerphone happen to work for this approach.

Haven't been around here for a while and coming I see publicity about Windows Smart phone 5.0. Wow, my first smartphone was (still have it) a Windows 8.0 on a Nokia. I liked it better than my Android phone, but as Windows seemed to be on the way out I moved over to Android.

2. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Update. The problem seems to be in Android Voice Command for making a telephone call using voice. I happened to do that yesterday directly on the phone and ran into the same problem the speaker phone demonstrated. When I used the Google search voice command or used another application Hound, the phone worked well using voice commands. However, the speaker phone still has problems even with Hound installed and I think it still tries to bluetooth its way into the smart phone using the smart phone "Voice Command". I can not uninstall Voice Command to test... perhaps there is a way but I don't know what it is. Maybe there is a way to set Google or Hound as the default voice command application.