Aluratek Bump Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

The built-in speakers make listening to music or any kind of audio on your smartphone or tablet a bad experience. Ed Hardy brings us a review of the Aluratek Bump (APS01F), an external speaker that offers good audio quality at a low price.

Read the full content of this Article: Aluratek Bump Review

Related Articles:

Idapt I3 Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    scjjtt likes this.
  2. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I'm glad to see this. It's surprising that this solution up until now existed only for Iphones/Ipods.

Well, not quite. I've tried one small portable unit that wasn't worth the trouble.

It would seem that rather than an USB plug, a standard wall plug would have been in order with provision to charge the phone as well. Of course, there are USB-supplied wall warts already so this is a minor niggle.

scjjtt likes this.
  3. Ed Hardy

Most tablets and smartphones come with a USB charger, so I think the requirement to have one to travel with the Bump is a non-issue. And I think Aluratek was trying to keep the price down. This accesory is just $20, and I'd prefer it not be $22 - $25 so a wall charger can be included.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
    scjjtt likes this.
  4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I agree with Ed. Not only that, many suppliers sell very nice little extension-plug-units (like Belkin) that include a few 3-prong plugs and one or two USB plugs, for about $25. I'd heartily recommend them. When you can't find a plug in an airport, you can usually convince someone to let you put in your 3-plug unit to share the outlet.

scjjtt likes this.
  5. Ed Hardy

I see this accessory is still available for sale, so I thought I'd point out that I've had one for years and it's still going strong.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. Ed Hardy

Some designs are so good they don't need to be changed. Just checked, and the Bump is still available at Walmart for $13.20:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/22086883?

It's been many years, and I still use this speaker.

jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.