Alternative home button for T|X

Discussion in 'Palm TX' started by Mobile Stream, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobile Stream

Mobile Stream Mobile Consultant

There is an alternative home button application for T|X at http://www.mobile-stream.com

It is free, causes no slowdown for other apps and shows a list of recently launched apps.

A possible problem is that it was only tested on a T|X simulator (as x86 build).

2. DLCPhoto

DLCPhoto Mobile Deity

I'm not game enough to try it out, but the only info there I can find is a screen capture of what it looks like. Both the Wi-Fi and BT icons are gone as well, which isn't a huge thing, but makes me wonder what other unanticipated or unwelcome changes there might be with its use.

I'll let the braver souls check this out on their TX :cool:

3. r0k

r0k Dazed

i brought this over to my tx using wifile pro and my tx soft reset, but when it came back up my home icon was right there where it belongs! press and hold gives recent apps as well as find.

both my wifi and bluetooth icons are still there.

nice work, mobilestream!

is the reset normal? shouldn't i have had to reset manually after bringing this over?

4. drgmtpalm

drgmtpalm Guest

I just installed it - first to my card and then to RAM using file explorer. My unit soft reset by itself and as with r0k when it came back there was my home icon.

Absolutely brilliant mobile stream.

First you salvaged my T3 with fullpower and now this excellent little app.

thanks...............

drgmtpalm

5. r0k

r0k Dazed

here is a screenshot with the new home icon.

appsliphome.prc is only 12k.

btw, it would have been nice to have a readme.txt or pdf file with answers to questions like preferred install method...

Attached Files:

6. drgmtpalm

drgmtpalm Guest

r0k

can you add a powerpoint file to your pda and try to open it with docs to go - let me know if you have a soft reset. This just started happening after i installed the new home icon.

regards

drgmtpalm

7. Mobile Stream

Mobile Stream Mobile Consultant

Preferred install method - HotSync. Soft reset after installing is necessary because this is a system extension.

To uninstall, use FileZ, change the database type 'aexo' to 'aex1', then soft reset and delete the database (the device might crash at this step - this is normal) then soft reset again.

8. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

Does having MySkin installed help with the installation of your program? Your recommended process sounds exactly like the instructions that came with all of the initial T3 DIA replacements...

9. jchallett

jchallett Mobile Enthusiast

Just tried one and no problems.

I really like this app, I actually prefer the find button on the menu, seems easier than the SharkFix swipe.

10. r0k

r0k Dazed

mobile-stream,

please put what you wrote here in a readme file that comes in the archive with appsliphome.prc as well as on your web site! the more documentation that comes with an app the better.

drgmtpalm,

i dont use powerpoint on the pda, but i opened the little 75k sample ppt file and viewed it in outline and slide view with no problem. i will copy over a real presentation and let you know how it goes. with the teeny tiny heap on the tx, it wouldn't surprise me if a larger ppt file of a couple megs or more would cause a problem...

edit
    i copied over a couple of ppt files that are 350k and 400k and they show just fine on my tx with appsliphome.prc running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.