AkrutoSync: CyanogenMod + Moto G, Outlook 2007 + Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by GoodPDAuser, Jan 14, 2015.

1. GoodPDAuser

GoodPDAuser Mobile Deity

Can anyone confirm from personal experience that the above combination works for Calendar, Contacts, and Notes? I mean specifically not over the cloud; USB and/or WLAN (WiFi).

I'm most concerned about the CyanogenMode because it's not as common as just using OEM or Carrier variant of Android, but the closer your anecdote to the entire specfication in the subject line, the more reassuring.

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Honestly, I think CyanogenMod is not a big concern. Over the years, I have used CyanogenMod, Cataclysm, Dirty Unicorns, IronROM, SlimKat, Paranoid Android and a few others I forget the name of. None of these are "common" (although Cyanogen is probably closest to a "mainstream" ROM, if there is such a thing) and none have presented any difficulties with either Companion Link or Pimlical. I wouldn't expect them to with any other syncing app. USB, ABD, Wifi-- these are all standard protocols and these ROMs by-and-large are using the open source Android code to accomplish them. Difficulties that come up are most commonly problems that Google itself introduces to different versions of Android (like the problems handling external SD cards) since all ROMs are starting with Android source code and simply building in additional features. More often, these ROMs will "fix" problems that Google introduces, where possible.

GoodPDAuser, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  3. GoodPDAuser

GoodPDAuser Mobile Deity

Thanks, Hook. I'm about to take the plunge. Flash CyanogenMod, then choose either AkrutoSync or CompanionLink.