AIM and yahoo messenger not included???

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by jordi32, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordi32

jordi32 Mobile Evangelist

I received my first bill from Tmobile. I was surprised that I was charged 10 cents every time I connected to AIM or yahoo messenger, even though I have Internet unlimited use flat rate.

I called Tmobile and they said that there were not sure if I was supposed to pay this or not and that they would call me back. No one has called me back. Can someone help?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jordi

2. harleyxlc

harleyxlc Mobile Deity

My understanding is both of those use text messages, so unless you also have an SMS package, you will be charged.

My T-Mobile plan is their ipaq plan (aka mail, minutes & more or something like that). The have a 1000 minute and a 1500 minute plan ($79 and $99). You get unlimited data, text and hotspots.

If you have something else that only includes data (perhaps their $19.99 unilimited data?), you need to add a text message package or change your plan.

Or you could use an all-in-one app like Agile Messenger, which doesn't use text messages. You would need to investigate if that would work for you, though.

3. manuelpl

manuelpl Mobile Consultant

Use agilemessenger for pocket pc.

The Instant Messaging programs they include in the 6315, dont use tcp/ip , it uses sms, so messages are not been sent or received via the internet.

4. jordi32

jordi32 Mobile Evangelist

Thank you for your information. The interesting thing is that every time I log on to AIM or Yahoo messenger, two charges show: AIM Command and AIM message (outgoing). What is the AIM command??? Why am I not charged for AIM message incoming as well? Am I supposed to be charged every time I send or receive a message?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jordi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.