Ahoy and Arrr! A Nexus 6P firesale watch thread.

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Mi An, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Amazon put a bunch of warehouse deals (used) nexus 6s and 6Ps up overnight. Makes sense to clear those out before they mark down the brand new models. I really think Amazon may be the site for the fire sale again this year. For any matey that be looking for a newish model nexus, be on the lookout. 2 days until the Pixels launch, it could happen at any moment (or they might wait for black friday/cyber money again).

And FWIW, among their warehouse deals, there were 128GB models, so there might be again when their new stock goes up.

Here are the warehouse deal prices. One reason to put these used units up early is to price them higher than it would be possible to once the real fire sale goes off, but that's speculation. In any case, it may help shape expectations for prices in the main event.

nexus6pfs.png

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    scjjtt, lelisa13p, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

<looks forlornly at newly shattered Nexus 6 screen and pulls up a chair.>

6P firesale seems like my best bet if I don't want to amortize my phone and soul to Verizon.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

sorry to hear of your crack-up, qf; good luck snagging what you want.

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

That does suck. :vbfrown: Hope you snatch one a killer deal too.

scjjtt, Hook, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Yes it's a bummer. The Nexus 6 is notoriously weak at the corners, and it fell less than a foot onto ceramic tile (in a Supcase, no less!) I didn't look right away but in hindsight the cracking sound it made was definitely not ordinary, and my theory is that it hit at just the right angle to cause a shatter.

Screen still works, and I ordered a glass protector so I can use it without fear of shards. My plan is to hold off until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Either a 6P will drop in price, or Verizon will offer some sort of attractive deal that I can stack with putting more money down so we can cover the cost of a Galaxy 7 or similar phone for less each month.

6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Interesting that the 64GB model is listed as unlocked. The others are backordered which means, I think, that they won't fill those later orders.

It's a nice phone (my friend has one); but without a card slot, it's kind of a non-starter for me.

scjjtt likes this.
  7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Crap. Amazon has a gold 64GB Nexus 6p for $499-- it's *only* $99 above my price point. :vbeek:

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  8. Hook

Newegg has the same price. I'm sure if I waited longer I could get a better deal... :vbrolleyes:

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

…that, or they'll either be sold out -FOREVER-, or be in such short supply that the price goes up…
    So, when does your new phone arrive? :vbgrin:
    EDIT: this post went up before I read of the purchase in the other thread <g>

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    scjjtt and Hook like this.
  10. Hook

Tuesday, October 11th. :vbgrin:

scjjtt likes this.