Adroid Smartphone

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Jerry_NJ, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Sorry if I overlooked a forum just for this subject... seems there should be. Then I'm just too cheap to buy an iPhone.

I have LG Rebel and Rebel 3, smart phones. The Rebel 3, runs Android 7 and I have been unable to find any "alert" on my homepage telling me that I have voice messages waiting. Welcome any help. By the way, by Rebel with Android 5.1.1 shows a voice message symbol at the top left of the home page.

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Jerry,

In my experience, usually if there is a voice message available, a small icon (I think it's supposed to look like twin tape spools but have never been sure) appears in the status bar at the top. It sounds like the Rebel may in addition have a (possibly carrier provided) widget on the home screen that makes it more obvious. I've never had to fiddle with any settings to make this happen, so I'm assuming it is pretty much the default, but I don't know your phones.

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I must say, I do like the typo in the title for this thread. Since I'm not rooted, I'm experiencing ads like I haven't before.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

So I shouldn't fix the title? :vbwink:

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

jig, I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but in case I'm wrong, here it goes again: the devices in my household are not rooted, but I installed AdGuard, a program that creates a local VPN (no data goes elsewhere) and blocks ads. It's subscription based, with monthly or anual fees, but I opted for a lifetime payment for 5 mobile devices. Usually this costs over USD 60, but there are promotions every now and then. I purchased the lifetime license during a New Year promotion at around USD 30.

Re, the typo, it does look good. A second typo replacing the last "d" for "t" would have been awesome :D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Thanks, raspy! I had forgotten. I'd have to side-load it since it's not allowed on the Google Play store, and I'm also worried it won't work with Project Fi's VPN when I connect to WiFi networks. I'll continue to research, though.

@Jerry_NJ, I googled 'android rebel 3 voicemail notification.' It looks like there might be a few solutions, but I can't recommend any since I don't have your phone and haven't experience the issue. Have you tried asking your carrier for support?

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

PLEASE fix the title. It's killing me.