ActiveSync 4.5 not showing installed programs

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync (Windo' started by imnospaz, Nov 2, 2015.

1. imnospaz

imnospaz Newbie

I recently got a PDA at an estate sale. It has some companies software on it that loads at startup so fast that I can't get to the settings in WM 6.1 to do anything. That software is password protected so I can't even get in that to stop the autorun. It took some time to find a data cable so I could use ActiveSync but when connected, and I go to uninstall programs, all it mostly shows in the list are the .net and SQL files?

Am I running ActiveSync wrong or what? All I want to do is get rid of that software so I can use this thing. I went to the program files folder (using Active Sync) and deleted everything with that program name, but all that did was knock out one of the icons on the main screen of that auto loading program?

Its a Pidion PDA/Barcode scanner/phone/etc... With Windows Mobile 6.1 and I'm connecting with a laptop with Windows XP sp3 if that helps.

I know this is old outdated stuff but was hoping someone still stops by to read and help with them.
    Thank you

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Welcome to Brighthand, imnospaz. :vbsmile:

It may take a while, but likely someone who knows Windows mobile will show up. I don't have any experience with it, but was wondering if a hard reset would work.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/devmktg/archive/2008/01/11/how-to-hard-reset-your-windows-mobile-phone.aspx

It may not. It sounds like this is a device created for industry, in which case it is possible that all that software you don't want is actually in the ROM that will reflash. Still, it's worth a try.

Wish I could be more help.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand, imnospaz. :vbsmile:
    do you have a model number to share? I'm assuming this is a device no longer being sold, but without a model number that's just a guess.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I think it's something like this, which is why I fear a factory reset won't solve the problem...

http://www.mypidion.com/product/product_tab.asp?bmenu=1&t_idx=176

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.