ACEECA has a free 64-bit USB driver that works with Palm 755p!!

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by lwolf7445, Oct 16, 2011.

1. lwolf7445

lwolf7445 lwolf7445

:) At this time the 64-bit driver is available from the saintly folks at Aceeca for free. It works great with my 755p and probably will work with other Treo's and relatives as well (I'm just a messenger). As soon as I get some money (yeah, the economy just keeps on giving), I'm gonna send them a thank-you check out of my unemployment. That's how much I appreciate what these magnificent entrepreneurs have done. If the banks, insurance companies, and Wall Street had the same attitude, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

I am running a Treo 755p (Sprint) Office 2010 32-bit (I don't use huge files) and Windows 7 64-bit. Lo and behold after much surfing and fretting, switching machines and reconfiguring, bluetoothing and blue-swearing, I found a 64-bit USB driver that works with PalmDesktopWin62 on a Treo 755p. I installed the Palm software; plugged the phone's sync cable into the PC USB port; and manually added the new USB driver. Works like a champ.

scjjtt likes this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

scjjtt likes this.
  3. r0k

r0k Dazed

Now that HP has permanently fumbled the ball, I wonder if I should add Acceca's devices to my Palm Devices Page?

scjjtt likes this.
  4. teemacs

teemacs Mobile Evangelist

Yes, but Aceeca has vanished away! Anyone know of an alternative source for the drivers? I'm trying to get my TX working with a new computer.

scjjtt likes this.
  5. Hook

Turns out Chris Short has it.
    http://www.palmdr.com/windows-7-64-bit-usb-drivers

I'll be adding it as a download to my TX Help site which I plan to update this week-end.

6. teemacs

teemacs Mobile Evangelist

scjjtt, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  7. Hook

The site has been updated. :) Very minor updates. Most links actually still worked, amazingly. I have the Aceeca drives stored away for the future, but for now am linking to the Shortronics (Chris Short) page which includes good instructions.