A or B

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by donbes, Apr 29, 2006.

1. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Mobile Deity

AMOLED by a mile. Active-matrix LCD screens don't bother me, and I'm sure that AMOLED would be even better, especially with regard to viewing angles and color reproduction. E-ink displays are just way too slow when it comes to refresh rate-they make even passive-matrix LCDs look good, and passive-matrix LCDs are just awful with all the ghosting!

Heavy notebook/tablet/etc.:

A) Get something lighter, and likely compromise on screen size and performance
    B) Man up, build some muscles, and shrug it off

2. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

B, definitely. I prefer to use my muscle to maintain my performance. ;)

Stuffed animals in your bedroom: Yes -OR- No? :D

3. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Nope.

A) very small computer tower that's fairly expensive
    B) significantly cheaper and more powerful but bigger

4. NamelessPlayer

B by far. *points to custom-built desktop in a nice full-tower case* The more powerful it is, the smoother my games run, and the less often I have to replace things...and since I'm not made of money, I have to make the most out of every dollar spent.

This even manifests itself in my Tablet PC choice. 14" screen, over 6 pounds, and generally quite not-portable for something that's supposed to have a slate mode for carrying in your arm while standing...but with a Core 2 Duo at 2.5 GHz and Mobility Radeon X2300 (yes, it's weak-sauce, but still more powerful than an Intel GMA X4500, lets me run BF2 surprisingly well, and it's just plain uncommon to see dedicated graphics of any sort in a Tablet PC prior to the new HP tm2), I won't have to replace this system for quite a while. (Especially since I have a desktop for proper gaming; this is mainly for OneNote, SketchBook Pro, and the more usual PC tasks, including browsing the Web in its Flash-bloated glory and still seeing everything run smoothly.)

Notebooks with modular bays:

-Do without an internal optical drive or extra hard drive for battery life's sake, instead using external ones
    -Carry around more main batteries instead and swap them a bit more often while using the modular bay for optical or hard drives

5. palmgeek5394

I'd pick A. I don't use optical drives much on anything portable - I prefer to rip the images of everything into .iso files and mount everything off of a flash drive into virtual disks. :) It's much faster and takes much less power, and in the event I actually needed to open a real optical disk, I could always plug in a drive for it when I need it.
    I wouldn't buy any notebook over $400 that has only one USB port, of course...

A) RAID 6
    B) RAID 1

6. mutton-javelin

mutton-javelin Mobile Deity

hmmmmmmmmm I can't think of stylish way to corrupt the two selections :confused:

B I guess for me. (1 is safer right???)

A Scale Print Area

B No Scaling

7. NamelessPlayer

I'm not sure I get the context here...does it have to do with using a printer and either setting it to 1:1 scale or shrinking it down so everything fits on one page?

8. palmgeek5394

IDK. I'll say B because I don't recall ever scaling anything when I'm printing.

A) Nokia N900
    B) HTC HD2

9. mutton-javelin

mutton-javelin Mobile Deity

Yes more or less. I did not realize I printed some documents with the scaling on. The print was rather small as you can guess.

How about

A Pay outrageous price for ink

B Refill and reuse

10. palmgeek5394

Refill and reuse

A) Yellow
    B) Orange