A few of my favorite things

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Apr 23, 2016.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Grace Slick had some pipes! :newpalm:

(Now that I think about it, that statement rings true on a couple of levels. :vbeek: :vbgrin: )

2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Burning Down the House brings back big memories for me...

wozofoz likes this.
  3. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best, woz of oz

4. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Being here is one of my favorite things

Hi :hi:
    It's been a while and I offer my heartfelt apologies for that
    As to why is a long winding tale that's not much fun to tell or read so I will offer the short version
    I decided to get a long overdue general heath check here in Australia, blood tests lead to a scan which lead to more scans and finally an MRI scan confirmed what was suspected.
    I have cancer of the liver, there are 2 tumors and there is no cure only treatments for hopefully an extended and better quality life
    The timeline is unknown at present but from their vast experience, if the treatments are successfull, I am looking at about 1 year. More might be possible, although unlikely

I have been spending wonderful time with family and friends and there have been many helpful and supportive people appearing in my life which keeps my spirits high and my attitude positive (within the circumstances)
    I count many of you as my friends and the time I have spent here has been such a wonderful experience. The help that has been offered to anyone who asked for it, the patience, the kindness, the support and of course the fun and frivolity have all been inspirations to me in the past and especially now. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart :newpalm:

I guess it's an appropriate time to reveal my true self
    In the beginning :vbgrin:

Boogie Baby.gif

In sunnier times :vbcool:

Me.jpg

I want to end this post on an uplifting note so here is another video from Walk Off The Earth, their talent, enthusiasm and fun attitude picks me up, I hope is does for you too :thumbsup:

All the best and all my love, Warren

5. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I. Don't. Have. Words.

You have been such a blessing and a dear friend and I can only wish you peace as the time comes. Thank you for letting us know.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 4 others like this.
  6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I just read this as I walked to work under a light drizzle. Thank you for sharing with us, woz. It's hard to find more words to say. I'm happy to count so many people here at BH as friends. Thank you.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Mi An and 4 others like this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

woz, my friend, what Hook and raspy have said is so true. I'm at work and already blubbering, so I need to add more, later -- that doesn't mean you matter any less.

Edit: Warren, I still don't know what to say…I've experienced the loss of other internet-friends, and it sucks… but truthfully I didn't know them as well as I think I know you. You've certainly been a joy to know, as well as a great resource, and I consider you a good friend. I'm supposing you've already done research, beyond what your medical team has shared with you, regarding your options...I'm rambling, so should stop now. RA

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    scjjtt, jigwashere, wozofoz and 3 others like this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

You made bh better and brighter. It was very kind of you to share something as hard to write, thank you. Wish I had more and better words, but peace, friend.

scjjtt, jigwashere, wozofoz and 3 others like this.
  9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Woz - I am so sorry. You have been one of my hero's here at B.H. I remember when I first joined & followed the link to your website for helpful downloads & advice using the TX. Your TV reviews has always been a hit. My prayers are with & for you & yours.

You are loved!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, Hook, wozofoz and 2 others like this.
  10. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I love that video, Warren, and showed it to my family last night. My son said Walk Off The Earth has performed during Minnesota Vikings halftime shows. I enjoyed some time watching Youtube videos of them last night (always looking for ways to avoid doing any work ;) ). Thank you so much for sharing that post and starting this wonderful thread.

While I've always appreciated your intelligence, humbleness, grace and generosity, as well as your great taste in art and music, I also suspected you were a good dancer and handsome bloke. Now I know. :newpalm: You are a real blessing to all of us.

By the way, have you ever used Google Image Search? Here's the result when I search your image. :D

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    lelisa13p, Hook, wozofoz and 3 others like this.