755p Keeps trying to provision the data services

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Cathearder, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathearder

Cathearder Mobile Deity

jig I am with you on that and will try that only as a last resort. This phone began as a backup from my burgundy Treo and has totally been stable.

2. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

I have been getting the same on my Sprint 755p for a few days here in CT. I also have the error 3000 and one or two others. Sprint better not break us down! There's no other phone out there for me yet... I'm semi holding my breath to see if Sprint refreshes the Pre to the level other carriers have - or better. If not I may finally have to throw in the towel and go Android.

3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Had the same problem recently with my 755p, but after a couple of successful "re-provisioning" it stopped requesting that I keep "updating". This happens about every quarter or so for me ever since I bought the 755p.

I hear you, Scott_L -- I'm in the same situation you are. I don't really like using (and relying) on an orphaned device, but I've yet to find anything out there for me to "upgrade" to. I seriously (finally) looking at the new iPhone 4G since they finally addressed a lot of problems that I had with the first couple generations, but as some of my friends were early adopters I've discovered their experiences with the new iPhones have been something significantly less than trouble-free.

I'm starting to seriously think about switching back to my perfectly working Palm Tungsten|C and just getting a flip-phone with internet tethering (for my Nokia N810 Internet Tablet when wifi isn't available). I knew converging wasn't going to work out for me....haha.

4. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

I've considered doing the same. The TT3 is a bit smaller to carry, but wifi puts the TX in my pocket for the win. I was thinking again yesterday how bad POS has me by the short ones. Far too much data that I can't migrate anywhere - easily. :(