5 Minute CC to main memory

Discussion in 'Tungsten C' started by hollytree, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollytree

hollytree Newbie

I recently purchased a Tungsten C as a replacement for my nearly two year old Sony Clie. I had been using the 5 Minute Clinical Consult on the memory stick of the Sony, but wish to install it on the main memory of the Tungsten C. (I have the Unbound Medicine version which I purchased less than one month ago from PDA Cortex.) I have a CD format made by PDA Cortex for storage of the 5 Minute CC. It will not go on to the main memory. I have consulted PDA Cortex, but no answer (4 days).

Does anyone have an idea what to do? Purchase a memory card for the Tungsten?

2. Shawn Parr

Shawn Parr Mobile Deity

Hello hollytree, welcome to Brighthand!

What type of file is it that you are trying to install?

Due to current limitations in the Palm OS, only files with the extensions .pdb, .prc, and .doc can be stored in internal memory.

Any other file types, like a proprietary database, would require an expansion card.

3. hollytree

hollytree Newbie

Please advise how I determine file type. I do not see any suffix listed under "properties". I also do not see a file type suffix on ePocrates or CQ med which go straight to the main memory.

4. Simon Hutchings

Simon Hutchings Mobile Deity

You will need to use Windows Explorer to view the file on the CD. You might need to go into options and ensure that explorer is not in dummy mode so that it will show you the extension. I would guess that it is not in a form that the Palm OS can understand. Try copying it to an SD card, very cheap, and use it from there.

5. Shawn Parr

Shawn Parr Mobile Deity

I don't remember how in Windows to show the extensions. I believe there may be a setting for it if you right click on the Start Menu, and go to Properties. You will have to dig a bit to find it, if it is in there at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.