4cast

Discussion in 'Palm' started by glenawil, Jun 14, 2012.

1. glenawil

glenawil Mobile Consultant

Been using 4cast for my weather app for the last few years. Last week it stopped loading the current info??? I deleted it and reinstalled it and I still get no info. It uses weather.yahoo.com for its info. Did yahoo change something? Anyone else use it and are you experiencing problems?

Best regards,
    Glenn

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I think someone mentioned that this app was going dormant. In fact, I think it lasted longer than the original announcement said. Something to do with the weather info provider that 4cast passed along.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I know that kMeteo (http://forum.brighthand.com/applica...os/284403-kmeteo-having-trouble-updating.html) was having this issue, but hadn't heard anything about 4cast. I wonder if they use the same weather info provider.

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

kMeteo is still ticking along; sometimes it takes several (or many) taps to update, depending on time of day. I just looked at 4cast on my TXs and saw that I haven't updated the data since Jan 16, 2006 (going by the day of the week that Jan. 16 fell on; 4cast doesn't show the year) *eek* and I haven't the foggiest reason why not. It's a lovely app and looks beautiful on the TX screen.

Here's the answer. Shimon isn't supporting it for Palm anymore. :( Dev/member here at BH.

Developer's main site.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012