$.49 App sale. $.25 music sale. $.25 book sale. Android Market

Discussion in 'Online and Brick and Mortar Store Deals' started by jigwashere, Mar 6, 2012.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Thanks, jig! Book and Music are off-limits for my country... these geographical restrictions are beyond lousy now, but I can't find the proper epithet for them. Apps look nice, though. I think I'll grab Need For Speed (loved the PC counterparts, hope the Android version is good too) and will definitely upgrade to SoundHound infinite

3. jigwashere

Any thoughts on mSecure?

4. jigwashere

5. raspabalsa

I don't know... I see the "Buy with 1-click" button, but I don't want to click it... I don't like any song in that Album :D

About mSecure... I already purchased a password app: Kuffs Password Safe, so I don't need to purchase another. mSecure has a nice feature set, though.

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Ed wrote about Google Play, replacing Android Market, today: linkie

7. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

Boy, I'm regretting not having an Android device! First the sale on Poweramp and now this. Still, I hope that Google Play decides to offer higher-quality audio tracks like Apple does. I forget what Apple calls their enhanced audio store; but they do have one.

8. lelisa13p

Music still comes from the iTunes Store. Charts will show instantly the top 100 (songs, albums, TV, movies, rentals) for convenience. Match is an upload, download subscription service. (I don't use that one.)

9. Mi An

Mi An Endogame

Thanks for posting jig. :newpalm: Amazon is starting to price match the ones they do stock. I'm mulling camera zoom fx. No real reason atm, just seems like something that might be handy on a future device. Reviewers seem to like it.

Osmos looks pretty cool too.

10. jigwashere

The E4GT comes with N.O.V.A. 2. I ran it, and it downloaded about 350MB!!! It's HUGE!. Anyway, it looks like a cool game, but doubt I'll ever play it. I'm just not that cool.

11. raspabalsa

N.O.V.A. 2 does look cool. I wanted to buy it, but it's incompatible with the GP5. I got another FPS (DeadSpace) from EA Games, and it's equally huge at about 300MB. Worse, the download is done in-device, and it can't be resumed. I couldn't download it all yesterday.

12. jigwashere

I was hoping to see some new apps out today, but it looks like this is it.

13. Mi An

Mi An Endogame

I'm trying to recall the .10 sale, it seems like the switchover was not in the morning, am I remembering that right? Maybe there still will be new ones.

14. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Checking the Android Market, it appears to be incompatible with almost everything, in fact. Only four out of the 20+ devices listed on my account are billed as compatible.

15. jigwashere

I tried playing NOVA 2 again on my device. It wanted another 35MB download. I watched the intro, tried to run and jump and kill, then it asked if I wanted to pay $5.99 for the full version. THE FULL VERSION?!?!? Delete.

:rolleyes:

jrakes gets his revenge...

:D

16. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

Lelisa, I was referring to the special section of the iTunes store. I don't remember the name, but it's a section reserved for higher quality audio.

17. lelisa13p

I can't find anything. :(

I did find this article from Feb.22, 2011 which talks about it. Per the Radiohead purchased example, it's likely on a case by case basis, offered where available but not available for all musical downloads. Would come as a much larger file download size.

18. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

Varjak is right. A few years ago (don't remember how far back), when they first introduced iTunes Plus, they had them in a separate section (although they also popped up when you browsed a song or album where that format was available). However, now, apparently, all iTunes songs are in this format (the few iTunes songs I buy I immediately convert to high bit-rate MP3 :p ).

Details are here:

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

19. lelisa13p

I see. So the reason that I couldn't find anything is that it's no longer separately offered but became the standard instead. Thanks for the FAQ. :)

20. Varjak

Varjak Newbie

That's not it. It's not the plus files. It's a new thing; but I don't have time to look for it and it wouldn't matter anyway.