400 Bad Request

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by r0k, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Hey, if FF doesn't work and something else does, go with it. All I can say is I have never had any of the problems you complain about with FF going back to Phoenix 0.2 on Win2k to FF 4 beta 9 on XP Sp3. I'm also sure, as with many of your approaches to computing, I never put it through the paces you do. I rarely have more than 6 tabs, I rarely leave my browser running over night,etc.

We all do what works best for us. Hopefully, you will now have what you want.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Sorry you're having problems, and I hope they clear up.

What's this about FF growing to 350MB? I run FF on a 5-yr old WinXP PC and a Netbook. I haven't noticed performance issues. Is 350MB memory usage really that big a deal?

My PC has been running non-stop since yesterday. Firefox has been up the whole time, and I see 186,616 K memory usage. It's got the biggest memory usage on the list. Is that a problem?

3. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

One of my laptops at home has similar issue with FF and I am still hunting down the issue.

I do not believe it is FF, I have FF pocketware on thumbdrive and it works flawlessly on the same PC.

My problem is some sort of script running issue and I am suspecting a plugin not 100% .compatable to my current version.

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

When using FF, I had only 4 plugins: session manager, adblock plus, personas and sync. I got a reply over at the mozilla forums and it is the standard "delete all your cache and cookies". Bullpookey.

Cookies make it possible for me to use a dozen or more web sites without having to log in every time. I suppose I could go rooting around for BH cookies and delete them from time to time but I think the real solution is to put this gecko (netscape) based browser in my rear view mirror and focus on using modern (webkit based) browsers in the future. I also suspect something techtarget is doing with its vbulletin installations is making this issue worse.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Mozilla sync quits working about 3 times a week and I see stupid error messages about my proxies (which never change) or that mozilla's server "is experiencing a problem" so I'm happy to check out xmarks or sync via google once more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.