3 Problems with synchronisation

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by pikki nikki, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikki nikki

pikki nikki pikki nikki

I'm a newbie with Palm Z22, and trying to get the synchronisation to work properly, and also to get to use the device in a practical way. Here are the 3 problems of the moment:

1. I had Filez.prc on my Palm Desktop in my own directory, and after a hotsync it appears on my home screen under its own icon. Then I got 2 more .prc files and all 3 of them are in the Palm add-on directory. Yet after a hotsync they do not appear on the home screen - are they somewhere else - I tried putting each one in its own folder in add-on but that didn't help.

2. It seems not possible to do a sync for photos? The photos function on the Z22 is view only, and on the Palm Desktop you can't add a photo???except against a contact (and that syncs fine).

3. If I want to download an app with database, how do I find the PC version so that I can process in either environment?

Help from Palm :confused: Aces would be much appreciated, as I'm running out of what-ifs, and the user guide is mute on these problems.

2. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Welcome to Brighthand, pikki nikki. :)

1. If you look at the top right of you mome screen (it probably says "Main" there should be a drop down list of different categories you can switch to. One of them is "unfiled." This is the category that new apps often fall into and you will probably find the ones you installed there. If you set the category of your home screen to all, you will see everything, but you will have to scroll more.

2. Don't know much about this one. I always had Palms with a memory card and so never used picture sync.

3. This will differ from app to app, depending on whether they use a desktop component otr not. What apps are you looking at? Generally you get both from the developer or a software site.

It would also help to know what PC OS and version you are using and what version of Palm Desktop you have.

There are a number of folks here with Z22s who will be able to give you more specific help. Things are a little slow here on week-ends, so be patient.

3. philpalm

philpalm Mobile Deity

Some palm desktops may have media. Using media you can add photos or delete them or move them elsewhere. Media is included in some installation cd (Palm E2, TX and lifedrive, not certain for Z22) You cannot download a "complete" Palm desktop from Palm, you can only get the generic type without media.

In addition to media, note pad (a drawing function) and recorded notes are some of the missing functions of a "complete" Palm desktop.