2200....what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by papasula, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papasula

papasula Birding with an iPAQ

I just bought a 2215 to gain the CF support as well as upgradeability over my 1945. It seems that the performance has markedly decreased in comparison with the 1945.

Programs seem to load slowly, WMP has many 'hiccups' including blank spaces when using the buttons to turn up the volume, and (I must be missing something here) PIE pages load slowly and PIEPlus doesn't re-size pages like it does on the 1945.

Please....don't get me wrong....I didn't come here to slam the device....I came for help! What are some fixes? Does WM2003 SE fix some of this stuff?

TIA

2. JK27

JK27 Mobile Deity

When I moved from the 2215 to the 4155, there was a noticeable difference in performance. Programs were quicker to load, and graphics seemed snappier. When I played 4D Pinball, I got twice the framerate performance on the 4155. Can you still return/exchange your 2215?

3. RiPpeR

RiPpeR Mobile Deity

The Hp2200 is a nice device if you want the dual slots... but I admit that the Hp1940 with the Samsung processor runs as well if not better with most applications.. I believe that there is a bottleneck in the video component of the 2200 series...

I have had the chance to play with the Hp1940 series... (my sister has one) to compare with my Hp2200, and I would not have hesitated to get one... the only thing stopping me was the lack of the CF slot...

4. papasula

I have another 12 days to return it. I will do it tonight. Probably get the 4155. Anyone have any experience with comparing the 1945 and the 4155?

5. papasula

WOW! What a difference! The 4155 is great! Snappy performance is an understatement! CF? What's a CF card? :)

Thanks for the feedback, guys....time to switch forums!

6. Rotz

Rotz Pocket Forums Admin

sigh, another sad soul abandoning the expandability of the 2215.

;)

The 2215, in my eyes, still remains one of the best PDA's on the market, easily.

Good luck with your 4000 series, hope you don't miss the CF slot. I couldn't live without mine though, or else I probably would move to the 4000 as well.

-Rotz

7. strickjh05

strickjh05 Mobile Evangelist

5555 is even better. I miss mine. But now im stuck with this. BTW your pie wasnt malfuntioning. It was just on a wrong setting. You WNP problem is fixed by just using another theme and the problem with the loading. Yeah I noticed that too. 2200 is really bad with thier cards too. The read write times suck in comparison to my old 5555.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.