1940 - what accessories avail?

Discussion in 'iPAQ h1900 series' started by imported_kimi, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_kimi

imported_kimi Newbie

Been using a plain 3630 for a while before i got myself a 1940 last month- bought a 128 SD memory, nice leather case, bluetooth dongle Class 1 (only to find out that the 1940 is a class 2, so makes no different anyway huh)
    i know there is this sd wifi card avail - but of no use to me yet, unless i get to one of those hotspot prepaid place.

is there a CF sleeve for this model? i dunno maybe better to go with CF since expansion cheaper and widely available?

what about extension keyboard (dun like the IR one though)?

what i could use right now is a modem, so i can dl email while away (not bringing in my laptop) - is there such a thing as a sd modem.

what else i avail? accessories i mean

2. kdecko

kdecko Mobile Evangelist

You should get pretty good range out of the dongle, most of us have been. If you are thinking wifi & cf expansion, it would prbly be cheaper instead of buying all the accessories to go with the 2210.

3. imported_kimi

imported_kimi Newbie

yeah the 2210 with CF is neat - but not really the answer i am looking for. Got my 1940 for free so ...

sometimes when i travel for a few days i do not need feel like bringing my laptop, the extra weight plus your travel luggage.

Like i said i wish i can have a modem to dl email and maybe portable keyboard and do some light work. But i cannot find any yet that fits the 1940 (maybe it is still new). Well i have been away from websites like brighthand for a while and must have missed a lot on the pda world development.

4. imported_ventivent

imported_ventivent Gadget Nerd

For modem, the 1940 doesn't have a serial port, but if you have a Bluetooth phone such as the SE T68i, Nokia 3650, SE T610, you can connect to a GPRS data service and surf the net that way. Or if you want to surf the net near your desktop/laptop, you could buy a BT dongle for your computer. Or if you want to surf the net via WiFi, you could buy a Sandisk SDIO 802.11b card, but then you'd need to be in an area where WiFi was available.

For keyboard, the Pocketop IR keyboard works with the latest beta drivers, but you have to provide your own screen rotation software (Nyditot 3.22).

5. kdecko

kdecko Mobile Evangelist

I don't know if it's an option for you, but several people just bluetooth to their cell phone & check email that way. I'm really enjoying my 1940, it does everything I need it to; right now. I've got a 256MB SD card, extra battery, & bluetooth dongle. When I bought it I never thought I'd use the bluetooth, & I've ended up using it nearly everyday. I put a screen protector on, & am reluctant to buy a case, just because I like the form factor.

6. imported_kimi

imported_kimi Newbie

so atm only the infrared keyboard is avail - gues ill wait for something else to come out

too bad my handphone is not gprs ready, n gprs services is not really cheap where i come from

i found something like a bluetooth modem somewhere in the net not really cheap though.

wish they have something like an extension keyboard with built in CF slot (n built in wifi, built in LAN, built in modem blablabla) that would be a good travelers companion - can leave my laptop back home forever.