Not receiving voice mail or text messages until 4-5 days later

Closed Thread

Default Not receiving voice mail or text messages until 4-5 days later

I have been having this problem off and on since August. I am not receiving my voice mail or text message notifications, nor the actual messages until 4-5 days later. They seem to be banking up somewhere and then I get all of them at once, many days after the fact. I have had the phone replaced and the SIM replaced. I still have the problem. Some days, I do not have a problem at all. It is sporatic. The problem seemed to start once I started tethering my computer off of it. Any advice?

Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard
    Arkansas (In The Middle of Absolutely Nowhere) Device: Nokia N800

Default Re: Not receiving voice mail or text messages until 4-5 days later

It sounds like AT&T's (I'm assuming you are on AT&T) towers are bugging out. Sometimes I get the same text exactly four times, each around fifteen seconds after the last; it's almost always four. As far as the tech could figure out, it was their towers. Your problem could also be a tower bugging out.
    Past and current devices: Palm m505 (Sold) > Palm Zire 71 (nonfunctional working) > Tapwave Zodiac 1 (nonfunctional) > Palm Tungsten T5 (nonfunctional tenatively functioning) + SE w300i + 2GB SanDisk SD + Cheap $5 keyboard (that works…)(sold) > Cingular 8125 (retired) + 2GB MicroSD in adapter > Nokia N800 + 4GB SDHC + 8125's 2GB MicroSD in adapter + Palm M505

Default Re: Not receiving voice mail or text messages until 4-5 days later

Yeah, I am on AT&T. My roommate's tilt doesn't have a problem (AT&T also). So, I do not think it is the towers. However, today I tried switching in and out of airplane mode throughout the day and for some reason, that seems to help.