Thread: Factory Reset for a T-Mobile G1
05-17-2010, 02:34 PM #1
Factory Reset for a T-Mobile G1
I needed to do a factory reset on a T-Mobile G1, and had to dig this information up, so I thought I'd share it. Unfortunately, the process isn't as easy as it could be.
- Shut down the G1, then start it again while holding down the Home key.
- The T-Mobile G1 logo will show up as normal but wait a bit -- still holding down the Home key -- and a triangular caution icon next to a phone will appear. When this shows up, use the keyboard to hit ALT-L.
- This will open a menu of options, one of which is perform a factory reset.
- Use the trackball to scroll down and select this option
- After the device reboots, you'll be taken back to the menu of option.
- Choose a soft reset this time
The device will reboot itself again, and will start up just as if you'd just bought it. Of course, any OS upgrades you installed previously will still be in place.
05-17-2010, 02:57 PM #2
Re: Factory Reset for a T-Mobile G1
Wow, has this gotten waaay easier in 2.1. Settings > Privacy >Factory data reset.
By funkymanda in forum iPAQ rz1700 seriesReplies: 2Last Post: 01-06-2007, 12:33 PM
By qwiksilver in forum Tungsten E seriesReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2004, 01:28 PM
By kmahesh in forum Tungsten T seriesReplies: 3Last Post: 02-13-2004, 12:44 AM
By Craig1959 in forum iPAQ h2200 seriesReplies: 6Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:19 PM
By ResetTheIpaq in forum iPAQ h3600-h3900 seriesReplies: 5Last Post: 12-19-2000, 12:54 PM