Cannot Start-Code 10 Error - Page 3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An "Olde Moderator" #2

Default Re: Cannot Start-Code 10 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Rkool
    Hi
    I have a Palm T5.
    The only things in the "custom" box, I have doing anything are ; Date Book , Address Book, and Contacts. Everything else I applied "Do Nothing" to.
    The conduits are not set correctly.

For a T5, Contacts, Calendar, Memos, and Tasks are basic PIM conduits that should be set to synchronize.

Addressbook, Datebook, MemoPad, ToDo are all older PIM apps for earlier models and these conduits will not connect to your T5.

Also, you mentioned earlier the use of a USB hub(?), try connecting the Palm USB cable straight to the platform's connection and disconnecting other non critical USB devices.
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

OK
    I changed everything.
    But I think the problem is with the handheld, the reason I am saying this is because I went out and bought a new Acer Aspire laptop. I closed all programs and loaded the Palm software in it and, this is the only usb port used on this machine, I tried all 3 cables (one being new) and it still did the same thing.
    I took a magnifing glass and checked all of the connectors, yesterday I took the case of the handheld appart and looked it over and it looked fine.
    I used this Palm about 20 times a day, I had all of my business, contacts, dates, documents, loan pro, navigator, spread sheets, music, lectures, etc.
    What I liked most about it was, I was able to slip it in my pocket, and everybody didn't know, it was with me. That is why I am trying everything to fix it !!
    Thanks, Ray

An "Olde Moderator" #2

What are the results you observed?

Last active report with details indicated sync issues, protocol error? You indicated the Code 10 error was resolved via soft reset.

What do you observe on laptop,? Hotsync log have any messages?

Up to now the replies are not answering advice or suggestions provided, and more damage may have been done as result of user name edit, etc.

Can you collect your thoughts, and present results and reply, we can then approach one issue at a time? Please
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

This is interesting, when I highlight the HS manager and "view Log", an arrow points to the user name, I click on the user name, and a error box appers it says, The log file
    Hot Sync Manager
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\Rkool0\HotSyncLog.htm cannot be found.

When I check this computer, I get the same error box
    I am not receiving a code 10 error on either machine now, in the device manager,after I do a soft re-set, turn it on, and connect it, it bleeps in with the computer and shows up in the device manager.
    I did change all the conducts (on this machine) in the Custom settings as per your recomediations
    Thank You, Ray

An "Olde Moderator" #2

It has not hotsync then when you have connected?

Does the Hotsync manager window open when attempt is made?

Since the device manager/hardware list refreshs detecting the unit, and if Hotsync Manager is not opening, you will want to confirm the Local USB is selected.

If so, and still no go, then it is possible the Palm device driver for your T5 is no longer assigned correctly within windows. (this can occur if the unit was connected prior to Palm desktop installation is complete)

To correct, monitor the device manager, when th eunit is detected and the list refreshes, select the Palm handheld ine, right select and delete or remove.

Then cancel hotsync on the T5, and attempt again, when NEW HARDWARE FOUND displays, manually point the driver search to the \Palm folder for the correct driver.

You must remember that this driver for hotsync is differant that the driver utilized for DRIVE Mode function of the T5, and I suspect drive mode must be deactivated prior to hotsync is attempted!
    Welcome to Brighthand

No the HS manager window does not open. I will limit the use right now to the laptop, it is the only USB connected and it is a brand new machine.
    I have Local USB is selected. It will only show up in the device manager after a soft re-set and the handheld needs to be turned on when connected, and if I hit the HS button it will drop out, if it is not turned on (while it's connected) it will not show up in the device manager, also if I have it off and plug it in, and turn it on, it will not be detected.
    I want to follow your directions, but after I hit the HS, it will no longer be in the device manager.
    Also do you want me to go to the program files\ Palm Folder\? I am trying to do this, and it won't allow me to select the whole folder.
    I think this is the problem too. I think we are getting warm.
    Thank You, Ray

An "Olde Moderator" #2

I do not own a T5, but from what I know, the T5 can be placed in DRIVE MODE and the internal memory will be reconized as an external drive location.

This is what it appears is occurring.

Unsure if you must disable drive mode on the T5 before hotsync or if hotsync will change the unit's configuration.

Can you confirm the setting concerning drive mode?

Otherwise, since the Error10 message has been resolved, and you are know working to resolve problem to just the one PC which as a clean install, this discussion may warrant a new thread in the forum for the T5, another member with the model may be of more assistance than this novice
    Welcome to Brighthand

The Drive Mode is Off, but your suggestion gave me an idea, I turned it on, and it hooked up to the laptop, without a Soft Re-set and it showed up, then when I turned it off , it asked me to use "safely remove hardware" in the task bar, and I did. This way I was able to confirm it is off.
    I then tried to HS, wouldn't work.
    So I went to the HS Manager, clicked "Setup" when I clicked on "Local" I had a box come up that says "The Selected Port, Com 1, is not avalible at this time. Hot Sync Manager will open the port when it becomes available" and I click OK.
    I think I am going to buy a new T/X
    Let me know what you think
    Thanks, Ray

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Quote Originally Posted by Rkool
    So I went to the HS Manager, clicked "Setup" when I clicked on "Local" I had a box come up that says "The Selected Port, Com 1, is not avalible at this time. Hot Sync Manager will open the port when it becomes available" and I click OK.
    The T5 will not communicate via comm port 1, only the USB port.

Since the Drive Mode function is now in sync, it may be pratical to attempt the hotsync monitoring the device manager/hardware list and perform the remove and new hardware add sequence to correctly load the correct driver at this time.

It is most likely the wrong driver had been assigned for the hotsync function.

The T5 I suspect is examined by Windows XP as two different device IDs, one for Palm handhel and hotsync, a second for drive mode function emulating a flash drive.
    Welcome to Brighthand

I think you are completely correct, it probably has the wrong driver. I am trying to HS, while watching the Device Manager, there are no Palm items in here, and the handheld says the connection could not be made.
    I was also watching the Device Manager when I turned on the Drive Mode, it showes up in Disk drives and as M-System G3 USB Device and USB Device.
    The only way it will show up in the Device Manager as a Palm OS Handheld Device is after I do a soft re-set, and then when I go to sync it drops out.
    I think you are right, it probably is using the wrong driver
    Thanks, Ray