Help: Message says "This user name is already in use by another handheld device..."

Closed Thread

Default Help: Message says "This user name is already in use by another handheld device..."

I am trying to sync from my G5 iMac (running OSX 4.x) to my Zire 71. I have done it numerous times without problems tho I recently tried "Missing Sync" and iSync (experimenting which was best).

I have decided to use the software which came with the Palm. But now, while trying to sync (using Palm's software) I get the above message. There are no other users listed. How can I overcome this?

Thanks in advance,
    Bongani

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Default Re: Help: Message says "This user name is already in use by another handheld device..."

I am not familar with how the Mac handles the Palm hotsync conduits and coordinates with your two experimented versions, yet from the description you provided it would seem that the last alternative option you tried is yet controlling the hotsync conduits for your handheld data.

Reinstalling the Palm desktop would be the suggestion recommended to a PC (M$ OS) user. However, there may be another method depending on the last application you tested.

The easiest may be inspecting the Conduits and how set. Remembering that only one conduit can be active at a time for each Palm handheld PIM application.
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"