…when smartphones attack…

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hook
  • 1 Post By RickAgresta

Thread: …when smartphones attack…

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default …when smartphones attack…

One could argue the placement of the thread, but imo this is the best place other than Headline News…

Apple Probing Electrocution Death of Chinese iPhone User | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Note, please, the Galaxy S3's are also on the prowl (bottom of article)…what's next, I wonder, zombie BT headsets?
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Hookette's edgy lately

Default Re: …when smartphones attack…

What is interesting is that when I first saw a report of this (and I failed to note source) it suggested that she had answered her phone stepping from her bath. Now any reference to that is gone, most articles have the same copy and clearly no one seems to know what actually happened. I'm pretty skeptical, actually. An overheating battery burning your pocket, sure, but electrocution from a 5V charger...? Then again, I'm not an electricity expert.
    Hook's Palm TX Help Page

Past: Palm T2 > Palm TX > Nokia 5800 > HTC Nexus One > Samsung Galaxy Player 5 > Nexus 7 (2012) > LG Nexus 4 (gave to son) > LG Nexus 5

Current:
    Nexus 5, 32 GB,Rooted, Dirty Unicorns ROM 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco kernel.
    Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Rooted, Dirty Unicorns 7.5, Android 4.4.4, Franco Kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    What is interesting is that when I first saw a report of this (and I failed to note source) it suggested that she had answered her phone stepping from her bath. Now any reference to that is gone, most articles have the same copy and clearly no one seems to know what actually happened. I'm pretty skeptical, actually. An overheating battery burning your pocket, sure, but electrocution from a 5V charger...? Then again, I'm not an electricity expert.
    This may be the write-up:

Apple investigating electrocution death of Chinese flight attendant while charging iPhone | 9to5Mac
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

well, seems this old news is appropriate in this thread.....

Weaponize your iPhone with Yellow Jacket case that doubles as stun gun