The Next Big Thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Next Big Thing

Mobile Deity

Default The Next Big Thing

The extended version of Samsung's Superbowl commercial. If you listen to the dialog closely, you will note all the subtle attacks on all the other commercials and some other products as well.

I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Life is a circus!

Default Re: The Next Big Thing

I don't understand, but I want.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Mobile Deity

Its a bit hinty.

"Last small thing" --- probably another phone. Guess who?
    "Asian rapper" --- Note there is a Super Bowl commercial with PSY on it.
    "Baby with diapers" --- What company uses a TV commercial with a baby in diapers? Clue: it trades in stocks.
    "sending you to a galaxy" --- What company has a commercial, particularly, a Super Bowl one, that sends someone to space?
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

TabletPCReview Editor

I thought it was dumb. And the people I was watching the game with did too -- we were talking quite a bit about the ads, and the only response anyone made at the end of the Samsung one was "Uhh".
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

Mobile Deity

I'll watch it on friday when my broadband cap rolls over and I come back off throttled dial up speed

Shiny

Seth Rogen always makes me laugh but he didn't say ANYTHING that made me want to buy a Galaxy S3.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.
    Sony VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    Sony VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.

Windows 8 questions? Start here and PM me with any further questions. Mitlov's Windows 8 tutorial; configuring Win8.1 for non-touchscreen devices

Brighthand Reviewer

It seemed to me that a huge number of the ads this year were just badly executed: either too cute by half, or ineffectively stupid. How the hell do these companies toss out $3.8 million dollars for 30 seconds of airtime, and not think to do something actually interesting with it?

Life is a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by Adama D. Brown View Post
    It seemed to me that a huge number of the ads this year were just badly executed: either too cute by half, or ineffectively stupid. How the hell do these companies toss out $3.8 million dollars for 30 seconds of airtime, and not think to do something actually interesting with it?
    Given the amount of money spent and the opportunity to do something special, I'm shocked that even one of the companies would fail, much less all of them.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Although I can't disagree that some of the ads were flops, I enjoyed more than one, at least enough to recall the product -- specifically the Doritos dress-up Dad, and the Clydesdale foal (Budweiser).
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Brighthand Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    Given the amount of money spent and the opportunity to do something special, I'm shocked that even one of the companies would fail, much less all of them.
    I kind of expect it from some commercials: car commercials are rarely any better than what they run during the year, and beer commercials are almost always terrible with the sole exception recently of the Clydesdales. (Bud's "Black Crown" ads lived down to expectations though, being almost hilariously bad examples of how not to make an ad.) But it seemed to me that the only ads that really stood out were the Dodge and Jeep ones.