Contemplating a Razr M or MaxxHd

+ Reply to Thread
    Mobile Enthusiast

Default Contemplating a Razr M or MaxxHd

My current work phone, a Droid Incredible 2 is starting to go south on me, and its looking like I may forced to replace it. I think the charging port is getting a little wonky. Iíve woken up several times now to a dead phone thatís been plugged in all night.

I know the DNA has pretty smoking specs, but I really donít want something that large. I already carry my personal original Note in my back pack. This phone needs fit in a pocket or belt pouch with ease.

I work out doors in a marine environment. So I need a phone with good battery life, good signal reception in reduced coverage zones, and is built fairly tough. I think the Razrís fit that bill.

Iím just trying to balance to slight larger screen and killer battery on the Maxx vs. the pocketability of the M

What concerns me most with both of these phones is the sealed battery with no option for carrying a spare in case of emergency.

Plus the recent Jelly Bean updates to both of these phones donít sound all that promising.

I really hate these decisions lol
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note (fun)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 (work)

Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default Re: Contemplating a Razr M or MaxxHd

no first hand experience with either phone, but in lieu of a replaceable battery, there are fairly inexpensive external Li-Ion battery packs that connect to the phone. not as clean as having the battery inside the phone, but it's a thought.
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

r0k
    Mobile Deity
    (in the Palm of God's Hand *Detroit)....... Device: iPhone 5

I use the Razr M which is one generation older than the Maxx and I find it works quite well. Battery life isn't great, though. I find it chews through battery faster than my iPhone 5 but to be fair I should add I talk on the thing all day while the iP5 is my personal phone so it gets to rest while I'm at the office (unless I'm in a really boring meeting).
    -Jeff
    (r0k)

Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011)

sharp - early 1990's -> palm iii (late 1998) ... T|T3 -> ipaq 3115
    (returned to store) ->TX ... Treo 650-> 755p ->bb8830+iPod Touch->RAZR M + iPhone5+iPad mini

Brighthand Reviewer

Quote Originally Posted by Radon222 View Post
    I work out doors in a marine environment. So I need a phone with good battery life, good signal reception in reduced coverage zones, and is built fairly tough. I think the Razr’s fit that bill.
    If signal strength is a factor, go with the RAZR MAXX HD. It has really good reception; the RAZR M is weaker.

Mobile Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Adama D. Brown View Post
    If signal strength is a factor, go with the RAZR MAXX HD. It has really good reception; the RAZR M is weaker.
    Thanks for the extra bit of info Adama...real-world experience always help in making these decisions.

Ed
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note (fun)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 (work)

Brighthand Reviewer

Glad to help, that hands on stuff is what I'm here for.

Mobile Deity

We don't seem to get these Motorola models down in this part of the world, in fact MR is pretty sparse on the ground full stop compared to what they were years ago...mores the pity, quite attractive devices with amazing battery life these new ones