SERO Premium

Closed Thread

Thread: SERO Premium

Life is a circus!

Default SERO Premium

Existing SERO customers have not been able to use the Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G. Sprint has announced that beginning 10/1/2010, this policy is changing.

McGuire’s Law Blog Archive Important Update to the SERO Premium FAQ

As of 10/1/10, there will be two SERO Premium plans available, SERO Premium 500 at $40/month and SERO Premium 1250 at $59.99/month. SERO Premium plans will match current SERO rate plans with two added features, Any Mobile Anytime and Unlimited GPS Navigation. SERO Premium rate plans will be compatible with all devices offered by Sprint. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be able to swap to a SERO Premium rate plan. SERO Premium rate plans will not be discountable customers on current SERO plans receiving discounts above and beyond the already discounted SERO rate will lose those discounts when moving to a SERO premium plan. 4G handsets such as HTC EVO 4G and Samsung Epic 4G will also require the $10 Premium Data add-on.
    My current contract on the $30/month 500 minute plan goes through December 25, 2011, so I don't think I'll be upgrading from the TP2 any time soon.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Life is a circus!

Default Re: SERO Premium

Here is additional information:

Sprint | Already an Everything Plus or SERO customer?

Effective 10/1/10, new SERO Premium rate plans will be available which will be compatible with the devices listed above. Only customers on a current SERO rate plan as of 10/1/10 will be eligible to swap to a SERO Premium plan.
    There's also discussion on Sprint's forum:
    Plans:New options for SERO plan customers

Super Moderator

Well, 40 vs 30. Not terrible. And, thankfully, not forced out of the SERO plans. Whew!

Jig, thank you. You're an invaluable resource.
    Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II - Rooted Stock ROM Paired with Pebble Smartwatch
    Retired Device: HTC EVO Shift 4G - (Rooted) JellyBelly ROM 4.1.2
    Tablet: Kindle Fire

Super Moderator

*sigh*

I think I'm screwed. I may not have gotten the full fledged SERO plan. I've got the Sprint Employee Referral Fair & Flex 500.

Tried to find out about my upgrades today, and I couldn't even land a TP2. Not a good day...
    Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II - Rooted Stock ROM Paired with Pebble Smartwatch

Super Moderator

Well, more digging, and I'm on a different SERO plan than this was intended for. I can convert to either the SERO Basic, or SERO Premium, but I lose my Fair and Flex perks (and can never go back).

Never used them, so... game is back on. Forget talking to the store reps. Clueless as usual. Time to call employee care, as directed.

Plans:Will I Lose My SERO Perks by Switching...

Life is a circus!

Quote Originally Posted by headcronie View Post
    *sigh*

I think I'm screwed. I may not have gotten the full fledged SERO plan. I've got the Sprint Employee Referral Fair & Flex 500.

Tried to find out about my upgrades today, and I couldn't even land a TP2. Not a good day...
    Don't despair quite yet. It looks like Sprint's having trouble with its website, and as usual, the reps have no clue. Wait a day or two and see if the dust settles. I know which plan you signed up for, and it should be the SERO Fair and Flexible 500. This one is eligible for Sero Premium, I believe. There's lots of discussion about this kind of problem over at Sprint Users forum.