Best smartphone for music

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best smartphone for music

Hey people,
    I am new to this forum but went through some threads and found them helpful so thot of posting my question in here too.
    I am an international grad student in washington and currently I am using a very basic nokia fone.
    I want to get a contract based cellphone. Price is little bit issue for me I dunn wanna spend a lot every month on the service.
    I talk a lot on phone and need a phone which could play music and videos dats my utmost priority. And I also need a camera in my fone
    I would appreciate if you could suggest something.
    Thanks a lot

Brighthand Reviewer

Default Re: Best smartphone for music

Welcome to Brighthand, aks123. For cheapness of service, I would suggest either T-Mobile or a Sprint SERO plan. T-Mobile has the advantage that you'd be able to use the phone you got both here and back home, since the service is GSM based. However, Sprint would probably provide you with more advanced service, including high-speed internet for a very reasonable price.

The lowest tier of T-Mobile service would be $40 per month for 300 peak minutes and unlimited nights and weekends. You could get slow, basic internet for an additional $6 per month if you wanted.

Sprint SERO starts at $30 for 500 minutes per month, and that includes high-speed internet, unlimited nights and weekends, etcetera. Plus unlimited text messaging with new plans until February 16th.

Of course, you'd only be able to use your Sprint phone on Sprint, and you'd give up the advantages of GSM, but for the price to performance difference, I'd say go with SERO and get yourself either an HTC Touch, a Motorola Q9, or a Centro.

Neighborhood Mobilist

The N95 8GGB and N81 8GB are probably best for what you are looking for in terms of something that can work. Getting a SIM contract and a pre-pay would be an easy way to save funds and hav ea very capable set of devices. And considering you are already a Nokia user, there's not too much a learning curve involved.
    If your smartphone is so smart, then why are you spending so much time learning it? Shouldn't it learn you and adapt to your leanings?

Mobile Consultant

Hands down, Sony W960. The best sounding walkman phones out there. This one has 8gig memory, touchscreen, quickoffice, 3.2meg cam, wifi, 16mm thick.

If my treo 680 dies for some reason, I'd probably get this over the centro.

Neighborhood Mobilist

Quote Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
    Hands down, Sony W960. The best sounding walkman phones out there. This one has 8gig memory, touchscreen, quickoffice, 3.2meg cam, wifi, 16mm thick.

If my treo 680 dies for some reason, I'd probably get this over the centro.
    The N81 8GB is fair competition to this, but I'd agree as the W960i as being a great choice.
    If your smartphone is so smart, then why are you spending so much time learning it? Shouldn't it learn you and adapt to your leanings?

Mobile Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by AWright View Post
    The N81 8GB is fair competition to this, but I'd agree as the W960i as being a great choice.
    Yeah, that's another feature-packed phone but I don't like not having a touchscreen. It really makes navigating around much easier. Plus, a touchscreen gives us more input options. It's really cumbersome to have to type emails with an alpha-numeric keypad - even with t9.

Otherwise, though the N81 is awesome. My friends use an N95, which I believe is quite similar, and they literally have everything at their fingertips.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95_8gb-review-188.php

Another plus for nokia is that this phone has a standard 3.5 headphone socket, whereas the sony ericsson makes you use the adapter that comes with the phone.

Mobile Consultant

Incidentally, the Iphone would've been a natural shoo-in but it doesn't give you that many options for text input - try writing a message via touchscreen only while you're in a car. And it doesn't have as many available applications as palm, symbian or even windows.

For music, though, well it's an ipod. Few can give you a music oriented interface as intuitive as an ipod.

Thanks everyone for ur replies

I would be going with T mobile as my bro wld add me on his line and he has t mobile.
    Has W960i launched in US yet? i could not find it anywhere ?

Mobile Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by aks123 View Post
    Thanks everyone for ur replies

I would be going with T mobile as my bro wld add me on his line and he has t mobile.
    Has W960i launched in US yet? i could not find it anywhere ?
    Now, that I don't know.

Neighborhood Mobilist

The W860i is only available through a distributor such as Mobile Planet, Wireless Imports, etc. Carriers tend not to carry all of the really cool phones