mismatch: go to first unread post in thread and go to last post

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Older 'n louder w/KB envy

Default mismatch: go to first unread post in thread and go to last post

just to let someone know, currently in the 'Online and Brick and Mortar Store Deals' forum as listed in the forums home (Brighthand.com Smartphone and PDA Discussion Forums), the most recent thread is "BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - Free..." and if you click the thread subject, you go there (as you should, no problem here). but, if you click the 'go to last post' icon for the same thread, you go to the thread "Free Epocrates® Essentials for Medical Students – Download Days March 17-18, 2009". I've tried refreshing, even tried a 2nd browser, same behaviour.
    My useful BH links -- BH FAQS/repair options/digitizer discussions
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

Life is a circus!

Default Re: mismatch: go to first unread post in thread and go to last post

Seems to be working fine right now, RA.
    This Signature Line Intentionally Left Blank

Still a moderator ...

Nothing wrong as far as I can see ...
    Digital since 1980, handheld since 2001
    M105 (retired but still working), T|E (sold)
    T3 + ADAPT BT GPS + Viamichelin 3.2 + Palm WiFi card
    Treo 500v with WM6.1 and Treo 680 in the drawer
    Desire S - rooted -Virtuous Quattro beta 5 - Ice Cream Sandwich
    Acer Iconia A500 Tablet - rooted - Thor A500 ROM v14.2 - Honeycomb 3.2.1

Having a rather busy schedule at work, so I am not around that much lately.

fwiw, even though the most recent post in that forum has changed:
    Palm Treo Pro (unlocked) -...
    by Deals
    Today 03:05 PM

if I click on the 'Go to last post' icon (see below), I go to jig's Epocrates post from yesterday. if it is of any help, note that the link-translation is shown in the status bar.

edit: btw, this is after closing and re-opening FF. <<shrugs>>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~"Friends are the Fambly we choose" ~"Shared pain is diminished, shared joy is increased"
    ~inanimate objects are smarter than we give them credit for~our lives are too short to not help others
    ~"when you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it" Dilbert 9/22/09
    ~RAiD: making no decision is really making the choice to do nothing, about something
    ~The beauty of learning to let go of anger and those things we cannot change is that you can make choices
    and deal with things on your own terms and not have them affect your whole day or those around you.

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Presently the last post in this forum is Jig's post as two replies have been added to this single thread.

From your description, the FORUM listing of last activity is not updating correctly on this single forum?

I had checked earlier and I believe I saw the same as you, but unfortunately did not understand your first post properly to but the puzzle in the correct order for trouble shooting.

If a new thread is added to DEALS then that should now be the listed thread.

Will test and see.
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Follow-up

Created new thread, TESTING 1,2,3.

It appears listed in the boards directory as the most current thread at this time.

There were issues with the deals forum not updating correctly previously a week or so ago, splatting a deals notice from Deals as the first post of a TX thread, so issue could be related with indexing issue of this forum. Will monitor.

Thanks RA
    Welcome to Brighthand
    The Three Rs of Life - Respect for self, Respect for others, and Responsibility for your own actions.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates....it's more like a jar of jalapenos.What you do today might burn your backside tomorrow!"

Banned

Where IS the 'go to last post' icon? I see the 'View last unread' at the top of the start of the thread, but not the other navigation icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjak View Post
    Where IS the 'go to last post' icon? I see the 'View last unread' at the top of the start of the thread, but not the other navigation icons.
    the icon the cursor is pointing to is what I was referring to
    Attached Images Attached Images

TabletPCReview Editor

It has something to do with the fact that Deals posts aren't manually added to the forums, they are inserted by a separate, automatic process that works directly with the database.

I'll notify the developers, but there's a lot of stuff in line ahead of this.
    -
    I am the former Site Editor of Brighthand, but I now run the sister-site TabletPCReview. Follow me on Twitter or Google+

An "Olde Moderator" #2

Could the situation observe be that a member started thread in the Deals forum will be treated as the last posted, and those threads started by the auto sequence be treated the same a sticky or non post?
    Welcome to Brighthand